5.02.2006

home again, home again, jiggity jig

Today has been a day of recuperation - catching up on email, going through the mail, doing a few chores, unpacking, etc. It's been a good day even though I've had a headache for most of the day. Also, a small crisis occurred this evening when I found a lizard in the kitchen, near the laundry room (which goes out to the garage). After calling Brian for some moral support, I was finally able to get it out of the house. Lizards are cute, but they belong OUTside.

Oh, I forgot to say earlier - that I went to the doctor last Wed. for a checkup. I didn't explain earlier that the reason I'm being more healthy is that my blood pressure was on the high side the last time I was at the doctor, which was March 27. I convinced him to give me a month to work on it; thus, the healthy diet and exercise. I don't want to have a stroke or something! Anyway, my BP was still on the high side, but lower than before. And I had lost 10 pounds. 10 POUNDS! I was shocked and pleasantly surprised! I wished my BP was even lower, but the dr. said that if it runs in my family (which it does) then diet and exercise won't help that much. As I continue to diet and exercise, it will continue to go down though, so I'm not discouraged! He was very pleased with my progress, and that made me very pleased and proud. :-)

Now it's time for Idol, so I've decided to blog while I watch. (Of course, I'm watching on TiVo so I can forward the commercials and vote as I watch.) The first thing I noticed was that they jumped right into the show, no small talk at the beginning. That's good - I guess it's because Paula has been so long-winded, they've nearly run out of time on more than one occasion. Also, it makes me mad when she interrupts Simon. She needs to just let him have his turn instead of taking both her turn AND his! Plus, I'd rather hear what Simon has to say than what SHE has to say.

Elliott sang Broadway. I love this song and I thought he rocked the house. He is so smooth and makes all those runs seem effortless - love it! Hmmm - he was born in the same year as my brother! Voting for him right now.

Paris was born when I was in high school. I'm officially old. Have you noticed that some people don't EVER pronounce the letter L correctly when singing? Ace did it when he sang "That's All." He actually sang "That's Aow." And Paris just sang, "You don't have to be beautifo." Drives me nuts.

Chris is having a few pitch problems, but he's doing pretty well. And I'm not even a fan! Tonight was one of my favorite of his performances.

Katharine is singing Against All Odds. Wowee, is this song really 22 years old? Man. I love this song, but I think she's really struggling. I love her voice, but she's having a hard time. Maybe she's been sick. Oh, she just said she had trouble hearing herself. Yes, that makes sense - that's what it sounded like, because she rarely has pitch problems, but if you've ever sung in a big room, you know that it's hard to find the pitch when you can't hear properly.

Taylor - Oh my gosh, as soon as the music started, I started grinning. I love it when he dances around. He's doing great. And he's only 3 years younger than me! He's crazy and I love it. :-) I can understand what Simon is saying, because this competition really IS about the singing, but I'm just glad to see someone on AI having a good time and not being so nervous. Taylor is a breath of fresh air. Voting for him.

Elliott - wow, he's taking on Michael Buble. I LOVE this song, too. In my book, he did great tonight on song choice. Not my favorite performance of his, but he still did good. Oh my, is Paula drunk again?

Paris took on Mary J. Blige, brave! I actually love this song too, it reminds me of my hot husband. Especially the "cause I can't sleep without you" part. :-) Paris sure can sing. I suspect she's not going to have a problem getting a contract when she doesn't win, cause I don't think she's gonna win.

Chris is doing well tonight. Whoops, gotta take that back because he screamed at the end. OH! The judges have noticed that Chris' voice is giving out. Wonder why?! If you don't know, refer to this post. He'd better be careful!

Katharine is killin' it! I love this song too. I think it has such a cool vibe. And I like the dancing around on her knees, too. What a great song for her. Now I'm gonna vote for her. This may be my favorite performance of the night.

Taylor is singing a Beatles song. I don't like this song that much, but I really like him. Yay for Taylor. Great job.

Man, it's hard to say who's going home. I'm not going to make a prediction. They're all good.

I've got some other things I want to talk about, but I'll save them for another day. Here's a preview:

debt
vacations
Sam's plate incident
blog comments

1 comment:

Denise said...

I only listened last night...still reading that book. I'm not reading today though...saving it for tomorrow while I'm at jury duty. It'll give me something to do.

I didn't vote last night...I really liked most of the performances but didn't pay enough attention to them to really have a feeling about any of them.

you know how I feel about Chris...his music choice isn't my kind of music, but he's great to look at, IMO. I don't really think he'll win though.