4.25.2006

brian & kerri's idol recap

OK. It's 10:30 and we just finished watching Idol on TiVo. It was an interesting show. First up was Katharine. Both Brian and I thought she was awesome, so we were shocked at what the judges had to say.

Second was Elliott - his was my favorite performance of the night. He just absolutely rocked! He's got so much soul!

Next. Kellie. Blah. It's like a different show comes on when she's onstage. She just DOES NOT fit in with the rest of them. She was flat for more than half the song, and she never shows any emotion. She just always has that blank, ditzy, blonde stare! Brian's comment: She looks dead inside.

Paris was good, as usual. She's an exceptional singer, especially for her age. Brian's comment: She's going to be the next Janet Jackson.

Taylor, my boyfriend. I thought he did pretty well, but of course, I'm biased because he's my boyfriend. I just love his voice, but I do agree that tonight was not his best performance. I also love the song he sang. Brian predicts that Taylor will be in the bottom three.

OK. Chris. I've got to say that I agree wholeheartedly with David Foster. I've been saying from week one that Chris is going to have some real problems if he doesn't start singing correctly. He sings COMPLETELY from his throat and uses a raspy tone that is not present in his speaking voice. All in all, he is doing some major damage to his vocal cords. If he doesn't change the way he sings, he won't be singing for a whole lot longer. That said, he did a pretty good job tonight. I can actually see his neck tensing up when he hits the high notes, though. That's not good! Your neck should not be strained when you sing!

My top three, in order:
Elliott
Katharine
Taylor

Brian's top three, in order:
Elliott
Katharine
Paris

I think Kellie's going home. Brian thinks either Kellie or Taylor is going home. I think Brian's just jealous 'cause Taylor's my boyfriend. :-)

On to other things. I've been working my butt off on these articles! I've done four today and will finish up another one before bed. That leaves four for tomorrow. Whew! Last night was not good. I wrote until about 2:00 am, then did Sudoku and watched a little TV. I turned off the light at 3:00, didn't go right to sleep, got up and wandered around the house at 5:00, the phone started ringing at 8:00. I was trying to sleep. It kept ringing. And ringing. From 10:00 until 11:00 this morning, my phone rang about 15 times. I was annoyed, to say the least. I finally just turned the ringers off and left them off until Brian got home from work.

So, if you called me today, I'm sorry I didn't answer! I was trying SO HARD to get these articles done. I haven't even checked messages. I'll try to return calls tomorrow, I promise. But I'll probably turn the ringers off for at least part of the day tomorrow, too. It really helped me concentrate on my articles. That's the bad thing about working from home - so many distractions!

Only one more day until the Baby B!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I was surprised that the judges ripped Katharine apart too really. Taylor sounded alot like Michael Bolton to me last night. Alex thought so too. He liked Katharine's performance the best, he said. Elliott was really good...couldn't believe he moved Paula to tears though...maybe Simon pinched her under the table or something?? Chris, although I enjoyed looking at him last night, his song wasn't the best for me. Paris was great too. Kellie was flat out BORING!

Sorry I called you yesterday...and Monday. Was trying to hook up with you on Monday cuz I was over that way. I'm beginning to get a complex...hope I didn't do anything to make you mad.

Good luck getting those articles written!