5.09.2006

Idol and other musings

Tuesday is Brian's game night. He stays after work with a bunch of guys and they order pizza and play games. He loves it. He used to do it in NY, and he's really missed it, so I'm glad he's socializing with some of the FL guys now. Since he wasn't going to be home, I decided to do some shopping. I'm looking for a new dresser, so I went to a few furniture stores. I got a smoothie and some pita chips at Planet Smoothie - yum! And then I went to Target, where I bought a new bedspread for the guest room and this cool shower cleaner thing. I'll let you know how it works.

Here's a funny thing I overheard at Target. I was looking at the lamps when I heard this animated voice getting closer to me. I glanced around and saw a girl excitedly showing/telling a guy all about some stuff she had gotten/was getting for her place. She goes, "I got scones for my wall." Scones. Hey, I thought you had scones with tea! I think SCONCES are what go on the wall....LOL!

Idol was great tonight, wasn't it? Every year, I've predicted who was going to win, and I've been right every time. What's funny is that 3 out of 4 of the winning Idols have been my picks: Kelly, Ruben, and Fantasia. I liked Carrie, but I wanted Bo to win, but I knew he wouldn't win. But this year is very different. I've liked Taylor, Elliott, and Katharine from the beginning. I remember seeing Katharine's first audition and thinking, wow, she could win. I just don't have a prediction this year! I think all four of the remaining idols could win. They're all excellent. Chris is still my least favorite, though.

Before tonight, I had thought that maybe Elliott would go home tomorrow. Now I think it might be Katharine. But in my heart, I hope it's Chris!

This week I've been walking an hour a day. I don't know what's come over me! Sometimes, when I'm walking along, I think to myself, "Who ARE you?" I used to exercise pretty often, but never every day. I can't believe I've kept it up. It's definitely addictive, though. I'm sure you would all get a kick out of me running from the same dog every day. I always forget about the dog. And I'm listening to my book on my iPod, walking along quickly, and then I hear this galloping behind me. So I RUN. Then I turn around and that dog is right at the edge of its electric fence staring at me. It acts playful, but I'm not gonna chance it! It totally tries to sneak up on me, too. It doesn't even bark.

On Sunday night, Brian and I rented The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was AMAZING. I didn't think it would be that good. You know it's a good movie when you think you've been watching for about 10 minutes and then it ends, and you realize that over 2 hours have passed! If you haven't seen this movie, go get it TODAY. It's definitely worth the time and money.

On Sunday morning, we did James Taylor's "You've Got a Friend" at church. It was cool. :-)

Have you heard about the brush fires in Florida? They're about an hour from us. But yesterday afternoon, one broke out by Sea World. Brian works like 5 minutes from Sea World. He called and said, "There's a fire by Sea World! I'm coming home." I watched the news while he came home and right after he left, they closed the road his office is on! Crazy! It rained in the night and this morning, though, and that helped. It's out now. (I think that's maybe the second or third time it's rained here in the year 2006! WE NEED RAIN!)

OK, that's all the news I've got. Sox out. :-D

No comments: