5.01.2006

going home

I've been in Kansas City (well, really Olathe) since Thursday and what a great time it has been! I don't think I've made public on my blog that Brad and Kari are moving. Brad has accepted a position at Beavercreek Church of the Nazarene in Dayton, Ohio. He will be Pastor to Communities (I think that's the right title) and he starts June 1. They are moving a week from tomorrow! This is Kari's parents' church and it's only 2.5-3 hours away from my parents, so everyone is thrilled to have them back in Ohio.

So I've been helping them pack some, but mostly I've been playing with Braden. He is just so so cute! He laughs and he is SO close to talking - every day that I've been here he's vocalized at least one new consonant. It's so funny when he's just babbling away! He's walking now, and he's just learned to say "uh-oh." It's hilarious when he says it, especially when he says it BEFORE dropping whatever is in his hand.

I'm going back to Florida tomorrow and while I'm sad to leave the B and Brad and Kari, I can't wait to be home. I miss Brian fiercely.

Idol. Yay, Kellie is gone! Now it's starting to get really hard. I'm not terribly attached to Paris or Chris, so I won't be too sad when they leave, but after that, it's going to be tough. Now I don't know who's going or when. I guess I'll just have to make my predictions after I hear them sing on Tuesday nights!

No comments: