1.08.2008

mpm and other updates

Well! Another year has come and gone, and here we are in 2008. Amazing! I managed to gain a few pounds over the holidays, so now it's back to being strict with eating healthy.

Speaking of the holidays, ours were great. We spent some fab time with our families and got lots of fun presents, and I worked lots of Sudokus and Brian played lots of Wii. ;-) We got to see our niece and nephews, and that's always a high point. I helped make a gingerbread house with Brian's mom and Emma - I had never done that before, and it was so fun! I will post pictures eventually, when I can get my act together.

Our trip home from KY took 18.5 hours! We both nearly killed each other, the traffic was so horrid!! And it was pouring rain, and we thought we'd NEVER get home. We've never been so happy to be home! And then, I promptly got sick on New Year's Day. :-( It was just a cold or sinus infection, but I could not believe the amount of snot. (Sorry if that grosses anyone out!) It's really weird to be sick when it's 80 degrees outside! So I wasted a whole week laying around on the couch. I'm FINALLY human again, but still blowing my nose quite a bit!

OK, that's enough complaining! This week I have a few makeup classes to teach and I'm desperately trying to get ahead in studying and preparing for classes. Tomorrow I really need to finalize my schedule, which will mean several emails and phone calls. But...it has to be done. I miss the kids and can't wait for classes to start next week!

So. I've decided to start doing Menu Plan Monday. Dream Dinners has closed, much to our dismay, so I have to start being creative again with our meals. And healthy, too. It's Tuesday though, so I'm late with my menu for this week, but I'll go ahead and post it anyway...and then next Monday I'll be on time for my first real posting.

Monday - Boca Burgers (Brian worked late)
Tuesday - pot roast/carrots/red potatoes
Wednesday - veggie-beef soup made from leftover pot roast
Thursday - Aloha Chicken Kebabs (DD cookbook)
Friday - Pita Pizzas (DD cookbook)

I got Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious cookbook for Christmas, so I'm going to try some of the recipes from that this week! OK, I'm headed to bed now. I'll post recipes and pictures later. Happy New Year, everyone!

1 comment:

Susan said...

let me know how you like that cookbook. I saw it and almost bought it!
can't wait to see your 12 of 12!!!