1.13.2008

12 of 12, mpm, and other stuff

I did it! I did 12 of 12 yesterday! 12 of 12 is this cool thing my friend Susan does on her blog, and I've decided to try it. The idea belongs to Chad, who is someone Susan knows. Anyway, you take 12 pictures on the 12th of the month and it just documents your day. So - this is my first ever 12 of 12! Here goes:

So yesterday, my wonderful friend John, who used to play in our band at church, got married! B and I headed to Lakeland for the wedding. Here I am driving. Notice my sleeveless dress - it was in the 80s yesterday!

Um, yeah - I totally left my camera in the car, so I don't have any pictures of the wedding. Well, John and Joy might not want their picture all over my blog anyway! But I did want to get a picture of me in my new dress, but by the time we got home I forgot about the picture - I just wanted to get out of my dressy clothes!

Anyway, after the wedding, we headed over to Violette's, my not-so-local scrapbook store. I had gotten the Classic Metro QK alphabet for Christmas (thanks, Mom & Dad!) but when I opened it up, the wrong alpha was in there! So I had to go exchange it.

Brian drove home and I studied for my upcoming Kindermusik classes. Mainly I was learning some new songs. Brian had the pleasure of me singing many kids songs a cappella in the car! :-) So goes the life of a KM teacher. We're always singing!

When we got home, I had to cut out my laminating - I had laminated all the lyric sheets for this semester and I felt like I had to get SOME work done yesterday. As you can see, I had a little "help" from the cats...they LOVE the laminated posters! They're slick, so the cats run and jump on them and slide across the family room!


I'm embarrassed to show you this next picture, because our Christmas tree is still up. *sigh* I swear we're taking it down tomorrow night! I was sick all last week and running around like crazy this past week trying to make up for it. Thus, all the decorations are down, but we still hafta take down the trees. Anyway, this gives you a good view of our family room with all the boxes - my Kindermusik materials came in this week and I got them all separated on Friday night. (We took them to my classroom today, so the family room is clean-ish now.)

We were home for about 45 minutes and then we left to go to Tim & Christy's house to play cards. On the way we stopped and picked up dinner at Urban Flats.

Here are the flatbreads we had for dinner - yummy!

And the card playing commenced...

When we got home, I had to take a picture of B because he was wearing his sexy jeans. Doesn't he look hot??!!

Before bed I had to do a "killer" Sudoku (also called "sum" Sudoku) - these are my favorite!

As soon as we start un-making the bed, Sam runs and gets up there - he CAN'T WAIT for us to get in bed with him!

So, that's a Saturday-in-the-life-of-us. Pretty exciting, huh? LOL!


In other news, let's talk about MPM (Menu Plan Monday). I have to admit, today when I was preparing for this coming week, it was nice to plan out my meals and know what we're having for dinner. Then, my wonderful husband went to the store while I did even more Kindermusik preparation, and he bought what we needed for our menu and for snacks, etc. So without further ado, here's our oh-so-exciting menu for this week:

Monday - veggie soup (leftover)
Tuesday - peanut crusted fish
Wednesday - B's game night, so I won't be cooking. I'll probably have PB&J.
Thursday - B's night to cook (I teach evening classes) - pasta with grape tomatoes, basil, and parmesan
Friday - minestrone (here is my recipe, it's YUMMY!)

That's it for now, except........I worked all afternoon today after church, got a TON of stuff done, but tonight I actually carved out the time to scrap a page. Here ya go. Good night!

4 comments:

Susan said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad you did this!!! and no worries about that tree......atleast it was ornamentless! lol!! ours is now in 3 pieces all over the living room floor waiting for dh to put it away.
oh...and I don't *know* Chad personally....just through his blog. ; -)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! :)

Scooter said...

What fun pix! Love the Nintendo T-shirt. Gotta get me one of those!

Dogeared said...

Welcome to 12 of 12! It's lovely to get a look into the days of so many people around the world :D