6.24.2007

a resounding, unanimous YES

I had a meeting with the Presbyterian Church here in my town today. Brian and I rushed out of our church and ate in the car on the hour drive back to where we live. The Presbyterian Church was having a Session meeting (like a Board meeting) and I was presenting my case about Kindermusik, asking them if I could teach there.

I could not believe how easily and quickly they approved it! It was just wonderful - they asked me a few questions and I gave them answers and before I knew it, someone was presenting a motion, someone else was seconding it, and then they voted unanimously to allow me to have space to teach my classes! I'm just thrilled!

Now there's SO much to do. I have to begin advertising almost immediately, get my website all fixed up, decide on my schedule, plan open houses and demo classes, order my instruments and teacher kits, get my forms done (policies, registration, etc.), follow through on getting my insurance policy (started this last week), make calls to local businesses and doctors' offices to see if I can leave brochures, decide on my discount policies, and much, much more.

I'd better go get started. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerri, that's terrific!!! I remember you talking about wanting to do this when you lived here in NY, so I'm glad it's finally all ccome together.

I love the pages you've been doing.

Would you mind sharing your smoothie recipe with me? I'm looking for something different for breakfast. Thanks, JB

EBBsMum said...

Excellent!!! My curiosity about this Kindermusik is peaked, so I want to keep hearing updates! :o)

spaceJASE said...

AWESOME!!!
We're totally excited for you and this new adventure!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kerri. You'll be perfect for this!

Michelle Russell said...

What fantastic news, kerri! I'm so excited for you!!! Keep the updates coming! :)