6.29.2007

adventures in cruising - day six - at sea

This is fun, re-living the cruise! OK, so it's time for day six. This day was not an exciting day. We got up late, had breakfast, then almost immediately had lunch. We sat around the table talking, then we went up to the deck and lounged around in the sun. It was glorious.

Eventually it started getting a bit cloudy, so we went inside to the second floor of the buffet restaurant and played cards until almost 6:00! There was no one else up there and it was so nice to just have the place to ourselves! It was formal night, so we had to go back to our rooms to shower and get all spruced up!We met for dinner in our "formal" attire, and then we walked around the ship for awhile, seeing what all was going on. We ended up, of course, at the disco, and we danced the night away! Here's Alicia and I doing the Electric Slide! Wooo!I'm pretty sure this was the night that there was a deck party, so we went and watched everyone making fools of themselves at midnight on the Lido deck. It was hilarious to watch all those old ladies in the conga line!

**********************************

In other news, tonight will begin the birthday weekend. :-) Yes, folks, much as I hate to admit it, tomorrow is my 34th birthday. *sigh* I don't FEEL 34 and I really don't think I LOOK 34, so I'm trying not to let it bother me that I'm headed for 40, full speed ahead.

Anyway, the band is off from church this weekend, so I don't have to go to rehearsal on my birthday, yay! Brian and I are planning a relaxing weekend together - I've been wanting to add shelves to the big bare wall in my scraproom, so Brian is going to put those up for me. I went to Home Depot today and bought them - thanks, Mom and Dad, for the money that contributed to the shelves! And tomorrow night we're going out to eat somewhere - B made reservations, but I don't know where.

And then some sad news: the air conditioner in my car is broken. It's been broken for weeks, but we've been able to share Brian's car. However, every time I have to go anywhere while he's at work, I'm just miserable. It's 500 degrees here, and when I stop at a red light, it's just dead, stale, suffocating, hot air. Ugh! I think we're gonna have to bite the bullet and cough up the big bucks to get it fixed.

That's it for now! I'm going to go clear off the top of my scrap desk and wipe down the new shelves so everything will be all ready when Brian gets home.

Lastly, here's a page I did last night (it's a scraplift, don't go thinking I was all creative and came up with the idea for the cool heart):

7 comments:

Katie said...

love this page Kerri!

spaceJASE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I will join you in that "blah" age of 34 in a few days. Pretty soon people will refer to us as "mid-30's" and I'm not ready for that. Great scrap page, too! Have an awesome b-day. You and B look so cute.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, try second half of your fourth decade . . . 36 is worse (you're twice as old as all the graduating Seniors in your youth group). But honestly I'm looking forward to 40 (I think).

Margaret Lembcke said...

This page is amazing! Scraplifted or not! I just love it.

Take it from someone almost 10 yers older than you....your 30's are great...savor them!!!

I AM OFFICIALLY TAGGING YOU GIRL! HAVE FUN FUN FUN!
m.lembcke@blogspot.com

Christi said...

Two things:

1.About the dancing--"Shake your groove thang, girl!!!"

2.You don't look at all like you're 34--(and that's still well within early 30s category).

3.Is that page just made out of ribbon??!!!!??? LOVE IT!!

p.s. I can't count

Mrs. Smythe said...

look at Nancy Naz boogy! =) And I'm at 35 and still alive!

Why haven't you e-mailed me!!!