4.02.2007

back to blogging

I've started thinking more about my blog again, so I guess I'm back to posting a little more often. We had a great weekend, with the band playing a gig on Saturday night that went very well - and it was a lot of fun, too! We had a great service on Sunday morning, and then we had lunch at the Olive Garden with Tim and Christy. After that, we went over to Downtown Disney and saw "Premonition." I thought it was a good movie!

After walking around Downtown Disney for a bit and admiring the Lego sculptures outside the Lego Imaginations store, we headed home where we relaxed a little and ended up ordering pizza for dinner (Domino's thin crust - lower fat and delicious!) and renting "Infamous," a movie about Truman Capote. I had already seen "Capote," the other (almost identical) movie from awhile back, and that really sparked my interest about the famous writer. I then read the book that is profiled in the movie, "In Cold Blood." I must say that I loved both movies and the book. Although I didn't like Sandra Bullock's interpretation of Nelle Harper Lee (author of "To Kill a Mockingbird" and one of Truman Capote's best friends).

Today is an "off" day for me - I get to rest up from the weekend and exercise and catch up on laundry, etc. We're going shopping tonight - Brian needs some shorts and I need a bathing suit!

I'm dreading Idol tomorrow night. I'm just so afraid that Sanjaya is going to stay again. If I were him, I would be mortified. I mean, people are calling him "the worst" by voting for him via Howard Stern. I believe I would figure out a way to bow out gracefully, but I'm not him, thank goodness! I can't wait to hear Melinda, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You're back to blogging! Keep up the great work with losing weight! I know your energy will just drift up here for me after the baby comes - positive thinking works, right? And about that senior recital black dress - we need pictures :-)