11.17.2006

why, oh, why?

It's 2:30 am here in O-town, cloudy and 54 degrees.

And I'm awake. For no apparent reason.

So this is my second night in a row to be an insomniac. Last night, or maybe I should say yesterday morning, I didn't go to sleep until sometime after 5:30. I got up this morning around 10:00 and spent the day doing things around here. I deep-cleaned our bedroom, moving furniture and vacuuming thoroughly around, between, under, and behind everything. I did some more organizing in the closet, washed the sheets, blankets, and bedspread from our bed. I de-cat-haired everything in our room, including the lamp shades. (Still need to do the curtains - that's for tomorrow. Or, I guess, today.)

I did tons of laundry and picked up all around the house. I cooked a big dinner and didn't do a lot of resting today. You'd think that doing all that on 4.5 hours of sleep would make me tired. But no. Oh, no. Here I am! This happens to me occasionally, and there's not much that's more frustrating to me. I'm tired. I want to sleep.

Oh well, I just took a Tylenol PM - a little late, don't you think - and now I'm going to listen to my book (Miss Julia Throws a Wedding by Ann B. Ross, love it) and stamp some cards or something. I've been very motivated to stamp lately! So here goes.

See - THIS is why I hate it when people call early in the morning. You never know what time I actually went to sleep. *sigh*

*Edited to add: I went to bed at 6:15 and still had trouble falling asleep! I got some really cute Christmas tags made though. But they're for my secret sister, so I'll have to post them later! :-)

No comments: