11.13.2006

happy birthday, meg!

Happy birthday to my spectacular friend Meg!! (It was Sunday, but everyone knows I'm never on time...) Anyway, Meg, hope you had a wonderful day.

OK, Brian went back to work yesterday and he's feeling great. He called me today and was so energetic sounding - he's SO happy to be feeling normal and virtually pain-free! He's now off all meds. He's an amazing man.

Thursday night was not an easy night. Brian was in a LOT of pain from the incision, and he was VERY sick from the anesthesia. At the hospital, every time he got up, he became nauseous and then had dry heaves (he hadn't eaten in over 24 hours at that point). It was awful - every time he heaved, it would hurt his back. The nurse and I were trying to hold him up, but he's so tall - we were afraid he was going to fall down. It was quite an ordeal, but we got through it! Oh, and of course he was walking around mooning everyone since you know how those hospital gowns are! I was trying to told him up and hold his gown closed in the back! Now that I think back about it, it was hilarious!

Once we got him in the car, he seemed okay. He had to hold this vomit bin on his lap the whole way home - about a 40 min. drive - just in case he needed it. But he was fine; he slept most of the way home. Of course, I had to stop at Walgreen's and get the drugs, and 400 people buying toilet paper and such were in line in front of me. Ugh!

So while we were waiting for the Rx to be filled, I drove through Wendy's and got B a Sprite, which he said tasted like heaven! LOL When we finally got home, I got him in bed, then I proceeded to stay up for most of the night cause I was just worried about him. Every time he woke up I would make him get up and walk around to prevent blood clots! I was worried most about blood clots!

Can I just say that the worst part of the surgery for me was seeing Brian hurt. It didn't help when the nurse went to put in his IV - he hadn't thought about that, so he was unprepared. I knew he was getting one, but I didn't want him to freak - he's not so thrilled about needles - so I didn't remind him that he was getting one. Anyway, I told him to look at me, and when she finally got it in and all taped to his arm, I looked. Big mistake. There was a PUDDLE of blood on his blanket. Not just a few drops - a puddle! Oh, it nearly killed me. Brian said he had heard her say, "Oops!" But I didn't hear that, so I was pretty shocked when I saw the puddle! I had to sit down and put my head between my knees - and then the nurse says to the other nurse, "Uh-oh...the wife's going down!" LOL! I was okay, just not prepared to see my husband losing what looked like gallons of blood! So they brought me some apple juice and that helped. Sometime during the time I was dizzy and literally seeing stars, they cleaned up his hand and whisked away the blanket, so after the apple juice, everything was all clean. Man, I'm such a wimp! I just can't stand to see my sweetster in pain, that's all!!

Anyway, now the drama is over and life goes on! A pain-free life for B! Yay! Tonight we're going to our friend Justin's house to watch a movie with our friends from n-Space. We try to see a movie about once a week with this group. It's a really fun group!

Here's my latest scrapbook page of the adorable Baby B. I cannot WAIT to see him at Christmas! He's talking up a storm now! Mom and Dad kept him for part of the week last week, and Mom said when he did something he wasn't supposed to do, he waved at her and said, "Hi." Cracks me up! Anyway, enjoy.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Cute Layout Kerri SOX!!!!