9.05.2006

musings on an outdoor walk

This evening, I took my first outdoor walk since June. Oh boy, did I miss it! It was such a nice walk - probably one of the most pleasant walks I've ever had. I went 3 miles and there was such a nice little breeze - I hope the weather stays this way so I can continue to walk in the evenings!

Some things I noticed while I was walking:

*There are nine houses for sale in my neighborhood.
*Seven of them were for sale when I started walking in March. (!)
*The local high school marching band is playing Stevie Wonder's "Don't You Worry About A Thing" on the field this year! It sounds awesome! (the high school is RIGHT NEXT to my neighborhood - so close that I can hear the bell ring and the intercom announcements)
*At least one person in my neighborhood is putting in a new pool.
*One person has painted their house since I stopped walking outside in June.
*When I heard the marching band practicing, I was so overwhelmed with wonderful memories of my OWN high school band experience, I couldn't even concentrate on the book I was listening to.
*I LOVE walking outside; I hate the treadmill.
*My exercise clothes are getting too big for me - especially my shorts!

Brian and I saw a great movie with Tim and Christi on Sunday evening - "The Illusionist." I'll admit that I wasn't so excited to see it. It seemed like a "Brian" type of movie, so I went along just to humor him, all the while thinking, "Why don't we ever see movies I want to see?" But it ended up being a really great film. And there was no language (that I can remember). Plus, I've liked Edward Norton ever since I saw him in "Fight Club."

I calculated today that I have lost 17.6% of my body weight!

In other news, work is going great, Brian's work is going great, church is still awesome, and we're happy. We still miss New York. I may never stop missing New York. But we are enjoying it here more and more. Ooh! My best-friend-ever-in-the-whole-wide-world-since-birth, Jenni, along with her husband and adorable son, are coming to Disney in less than a month! And we get to go hang out with them! I can't WAIT to see them! :-)

I did my weight training today.

We're going to my family reunion later this month - we haven't gone in FIVE YEARS!!

I can't wait till tomorrow evening when I can walk OUTSIDE again!!!!

Is anyone else coming to Orlando anytime soon? If so, please let us know! We'll do dinner or something!

3 comments:

BT said...

SEVENTEEN POINT SIX PERCENT? You're going to waste away to nothing! Seriously, you're only about 80% of your former self!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Its going to be so fun!
Jen

Denise said...

You are doing soooooooooo great with your healthy lifestyle. I know you must be feeling so good!!! I haven't seen you since our Vegas trip...I probably won't recognize you!