8.30.2006

this is a hurricane?

OK, so they cancelled all the schools and a ton of businesses and other stuff for today. But they did it YESTERDAY!! And early in the day, too! What ever happened to waiting until the morning of to cancel? I left for work at 8:20 - it was drizzling. People called in and were surprised I was there! I said, "It's only a little rain!" Then it stopped raining and I haven't seen a drop since! In fact, the sun is out and kids are outside playing.

Then I heard that it was going to get really bad at 2:00. Well, it's after 3:00 and the sun is STILL out, kids are playing outside, and there is absolutely NO wind. You call this a hurricane?? I think not. Here's another crazy thing I've just discovered about Florida - when they're listing the school closings on the news, they're not in alphabetical order. They're just random, sometimes by county, but the counties aren't even alphabetical. FL needs to take a lesson from NY when it comes to cancelling school! LOL!

I remembered what I was going to say the other day! I got my hair cut off last Friday. No, it's not pixie short (yet), but I have a feeling I'm headed that way soon! :-) I just can't stand it long. It takes too long to fix, it gets in my eyes, and it gets all fuzzy in the humidity. Anyway, I'll post a picture one of these days.

No comments: