7.05.2006

back to life

Well, Brian's back at work. I really loved having him home with me for four days in a row!!!! I've been scrapping all weekend. From Saturday to Tuesday, I did 20 layouts and 8 cards!! I might share a few of them over the next few days.

On Monday night we played cosmic mini golf with some friends and it was a ton of fun! (Cosmic mini golf is when the course is black with a bunch of stuff all around painted in fluorescent paint, and there are black lights only.) I got 2 holes in one! (For me, that's unheard of!) Then last night we went downtown and watched some fireworks with more friends - from where we were we could see the Seaworld, Disney, and Universal fireworks. Universal had the coolest and prettiest ones.

Mostly, B and I just spent a lot of time together over the holiday. It was great. It was especially great because I was gone to Vegas, and when I came back he was on deadline at work, so I didn't see him much for a week!

On Friday night, we went to Chili's for my birthday dinner and I had chips and salsa for the first time in months. Yum! Chili's has the best salsa in the world, in my opinion. Then we went to Bruster's for ice cream - haven't had ice cream in months, either! I got birthday cake ice cream and it had icing in it and it was delish! But it was pretty sweet - I couldn't eat it all at once. :-)

Oh, I forgot to mention that yesterday when I was getting dressed to go to the fireworks, I put on a pair of shorts that had been pretty tight before. They were so loose that I could easily pull them on and off while they were buttoned and zipped!! :-D I think I'm done with plus sizes - hopefully FOREVER!!!!

Here's one of my favorite pages I did yesterday. It's me and Sammy taking our Nazarene nap on a Sunday afternoon when we still lived in NY. (You can tell it's NY from all the blankets!)
And here's one I did on Saturday of Braden on his first Halloween!

2 comments:

miz fuhrell said...

good stuff, kb! I looked at your portfolio, too...
ever consider offering any of your cards for sale???

Anonymous said...

Your scrap stuff always impresses me! You helped me get out of the CM mold and I'll forever be grateful! I bought my first non-CM album recently! WOO HOO! Thank you!!