7.09.2006

pirates and other stuff

Well, there's not much to report around here. Life is just progressing as usual, which I guess is good. Brian's company paid for everyone to go see Pirates of the Caribbean on Friday, and I thought it was great! Afterward, we hung out and talked to a couple from Brian's work, Tim and Christi. Brian and Tim are good friends and Christi and I just met last week, but we hit it off. We ended up having dinner with them and it was a great time! It's good to have new friends.

I've noticed lately that there are TONS of weeds in my garden. This does not make me happy. I keep going out there and trying to weed, but we have fire ants and they're EVERYWHERE! You can't even stand on the sidewalk without some swarming around your feet. So Brian went to the trusty Home Depot this afternoon and got some fire ant killer. He spread it this evening and we both watched in amazement as millions of ants picked up the little yellow pellets and carried them back to the ant hills. They should be dead by tomorrow night, and then I can weed. FINALLY! Plus, they ate one of my pentas!!!! >:-(

This weekend, my aunt and uncle and cousin are coming! They're going to stay with us on Friday night and then we're all headed down to Winter Haven on Saturday, then they're singing in the first service at church on Sunday. I can't wait to see them! It'll definitely be a good time.

We watched "The Family Stone" this evening - I thought it was great. Heart-wrenching. Loved it! That's my review. :-) Hope everyone had a great weekend, feel free to leave some comments!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's my comment: more blogging! ;-) Your readers miss you. Good stuff.