6.30.2006

lena horne, david alan grier, fantasia, and me

What do we all have in common? We share the same birthday - and it's today.

It hasn't been a real exciting day, to tell the truth. My writing deadline is tonight at midnight, so I spent the morning and early afternoon finishing up my articles. Then later in the afternoon I went shopping, just for a few necessities we needed around the house. Now I'm home and anxiously awaiting Brian's arrival - he has the next four days OFF, and that's the best birthday present I could ask for! I've hardly seen him this week. They had a deadline today at work, so they've been working late every night this week. They made it though, and he just called a little bit ago to say he was on his way home. :-)

We don't have a lot of plans for the long weekend, and I like it that way. :-) We're hoping to play cosmic mini golf with some friends, we might go see Superman, and Brian wants to go watch the shuttle launch. That could be fun - yesterday, they said on the news that there was a 60% chance that weather would prevent the launch, so we'll have to see.

I've been thinking a lot about marriage and relationships lately. Over the past several years, I've become more of a person who closely watches others and how they handle themselves in their relationships. It's an interesting thing to pay attention to. Probably Brian's influence on me has caused me to look a little closer at people. And I'll tell you one thing that I'm sure of - we have a solid, happy, loving marriage. We've learned how to be married to each other and it's wonderful. I just don't feel whole when he's not around. I'm so thankful that I have a husband who is kind and gentle in every single area of his life. He doesn't raise his voice, he treats everyone with kindness and respect, and he is wise about people. I've learned a lot from him.

I love you, B. You're my favorite. :-*

4 comments:

spaceJASE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Have a drink for me!
Don't let it TAINT you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - I know you didn't say how old you are, but I know the truth. It's only 12 days older than me, lol. Enjoy your year at 3*. ;-)

Sera said...

Happy Belated Birthday Girlie!! you and Brian are too cute, he is a sweetie, you are a lucky girl :)

Anonymous said...

hey you! I didn't know it was your buthday...Congratulations--I miss you and hope that all is well...(sounds like it is). I will talk to you in more detail later.

Pooooawwwla