5.24.2006

who will it be?

Well, summer is in full swing here in the Sunshine State. Yesterday was the last day of school and even though it's been hot for months, I feel like summer has officially begun! Strange, since it's summer here for most of the year.

I think Taylor is going to win Idol. I was quite disappointed by last night's show. I missed Elliott. I think Katharine doesn't sing with very much feeling. Her new song was horrible! Let alone that it was just a crappy song, I didn't think she sang it well, either. It was too low for her. Taylor's song was better, although I don't think it was a great song. But he sang it with gusto, as usual, and made it his own. He rocks!

You all know I've been a Taylor fan from the beginning. Yesterday, I read an article that said that Taylor deserves to win, but he shouldn't win. The writer went on to say that Katharine fits nicely into the AI "pop" mold, and he was afraid that AI would take away Taylor's style and try to make him pop. In fact, let me just link up to the article here. I thought it was an interesting take on things. I agree in some ways, but I don't think Taylor will become pop. He's too soulful. I still hope he wins because he deserves to be famous.

Last Saturday, we finally got our yard work (mostly) done. We still have to mulch and put a few more bags of rocks down, but the planting is done. I planted a hibiscus, a bush daisy, and some salvia and pentas, all of which are perennials. I also planted a few wave petunias to round it out. AND I moved the African irises from the sidewalk area to the new perennial bed. The sago palm is still in the middle. I think it looks good, but I can't wait for things to grow up a little more so it looks more filled in. I took some pictures, but they turned out dark, so I'll try to take another one today. Below is a picture of the bed after we pulled up the shrubs and other plants. Check out that huge sago palm! It's leaves will stick you, though. I learned that the hard way!



You can see the green stains on the house where those other shrubs were. Man, I'm glad to be rid of them! We need to pressure wash or paint to get rid of those stains. And that black thing sticking up on the left is part of our inground sprinkler system. It's now hidden by the hibiscus. By the way, this post kinda shows what it looked like when we moved in. Not a great shot of the garden, but you get the idea. :-)

Well, it's time for me to walk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you were delighted with AI's results last night! I missed Elliot - I think it would have been a much better finale if it had been Elliot and Taylor.
You house looks pretty! Congrats on losing 18lbs- that is FANTASTIC!!!!
Jen