5.25.2006

planning the weekend

Wasn't last night's Idol show great??!! I could not believe how many celebrities they had on there. And, as usual, I have a few words to say about it! The first thing that comes to mind is Taylor singing with Toni Braxton. I actually like Toni Braxton, but she was not so great last night! She tried to make "In the Ghetto" a sexy song, and it's totally not! Did you see her try to put Taylor's hand on her butt? Taylor backed away - good for him. It's about the singing, Toni, not how sexy you can look and dance.

And what the heck happened to Dionne Warwick's last note? That was a little crazy! She hit a wrong note and it sounded horrible, and she just kept sliding it down and didn't end anywhere near the right key. But the worst of all was Meatloaf. Poor Kat! Meatloaf looked like he was coming down from a crack high or something! He was shaking and not singing on key, and....well, Kat saved the song, that's for sure.

I also thought that Carrie Underwood came across as pretty snobby. That's disappointing, but I was a Bo fan so I don't really care! LOL And of course I'm thrilled that Taylor won. I hope he's already in the studio. He'll probably be able to cut his album in about 4 days. I can't wait to buy it, and Elliott's too.

Speaking of albums, I just picked up the new Dixie Chicks album on i-Tunes Tuesday. It's pretty good, but I haven't listened to it much yet.

As I mentioned before, Meg is coming to Tampa with her boyfriend for Memorial Day weekend, and we're going to spend Saturday with them. We'll hang out at the beach and then we're having dinner that night at Bern's Steak House. It's going to be awesome to hang out with Meg, and I've never met Mike (her boyfriend), so I'm extra excited. I finally booked our hotel today - Brian and I decided to stay overnight on Saturday and hang out in Tampa on Sunday. We might go to the zoo or to the Big Cat Rescue. Or we might just go shopping. Who knows? It's nice to just do whatever we want, with no schedule. Anyway, we're staying at the Grand Hyatt, which I booked on Hotwire.com, so I didn't know the name of the hotel till after it was paid for. What a nice surprise!

So today I went out and did some shopping. I got a few new sleeveless tops and a pair of shorts for myself, and a Polo shirt and two pairs of swim trunks for Brian. Then I went to Sports Authority and invested in a new pair of walking shoes - mine are more than 5 years old! I wanted some shoes that had good support for walking, and I got a pair of Nikes. They are so comfy, it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing shoes! While I was there, I picked up some hand weights - I figure I can pump them while I walk to increase cardio and improve my arms! Then I headed to Bath and Body Works and picked up a few things - spent $15 and got a free True Blue Spa product since my mom sent me a coupon - thanks, Mom! Spent another $5 and got a cute orange striped beach bag with 2 lotions for $15 - perfect, just in time for the beach! :-) They have their new summer scents out, so I got some of the Tropical Colada scent. Yum!

Tomorrow, n-Space is taking everyone to see the new X-Men movie. Yay! B and I have been looking forward to this movie for a long time!! So after I walk in the morning, I'll get a pedicure and maybe even a manicure, then head to the movie with B. It's a 3:45 showing at Downtown Disney. Afterward I think we're going to try to play some cosmic mini-golf.

Well, I'd better get my things put away from my shopping trip. And I should write an article tonight, too. Brian's playing games at work - they switched it to Thursday night for this week. I hope everyone has a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the entire Idol show, but I managed to hear Warwick . . yikes! Scott and I looked at each other like what was that? I felt bad for her. I picked up the new B & B Works scent as well last weekend! Aren't they awesome? I got the Frozen Daiquiri one. The 3-in-1 is awesome. Did you see it? You use it for bubble bath, shower gel, and then you can wash your hair, too! Genius! Have an awesome weekend!

Anonymous said...

I didn't see AI because...well, I don't watch AI ;) but I thought of you when I read about the winner.

Because I am too lazy to email, please note October 14:
http://tinyurl.com/jvjrm

(had to tinyurl that to not break the comment column)

OH! And today I took advantage of the pre-sale and bought floor seats for the Chicks in July!

miz fuhrell said...

dang, girl, I finally found you. you can find yourself linked on my blog, if you feel inclined to cruise over.
xo