3.19.2006

what a wonderful weekend

Brian had an awesome first week at work. He is really enjoying it there and it's a smaller company and more family-like - it reminds him of VV. On Friday, Brian's office took all the employees and spouses to see "V for Vendetta." I must say, I didn't know what to expect, and it was AMAZING! Great story and fab movie. Brian has read the comic book, and he was anxiously anticipating the movie. It was great and we hadn't been to that particular theater, and the chairs leaned back and were SO COMFORTABLE! We'll definitely be going back there.

After work on Friday evening, we headed to Ft. Myers to see Nan and Pops. Yesterday was Nan's birthday and Pops' was a week ago yesterday, so I baked them a strawberry cake and we spent some time with them. On Saturday we went out to the pool - it was around 86 degrees outside and the pool was 91! It felt sooooo good. Brian and I both got a little pink. I guess our skin will eventually get used to the hot Florida sun!

As we lounged around in the pool, we discussed how much we like Florida. It's nice to be able to run down to Ft. Myers and be there in 3 hours. We are enjoying the weather so much, I just can't describe. I love wearing my sandals or flip-flops every day and seeing the sun. I love how the grass and trees are green year-round and there are new flowers blooming by my front door today. I love the cool breeze that smells of orange blossoms. Now if we could just transport our NY friends down here, we'd have it made.

Today I played piano at Winter Haven Nazarene Church again. It was a great service and as always, I LOVED playing with the band! Next week we're doing John Lennon's "Imagine" and at the end of the service, we're doing MercyMe's "I Can Only Imagine." This week I'll be writing some charts for the band. This gig is seriously satisfying my desire to get back into music, and not just teaching it. I feel like I'm back in Nashville and it's wonderful.

On the way back home from church, we found a short cut. Isn't it always fun when that happens? It's just been an all-around fab weekend. Now we're here in my scraproom; Brian is on the couch with his laptop and I'm at my computer, and the cats are around us. Bliss.

This afternoon I've got a bit of work to get done for some freelance writing I'm doing, and tomorrow it's back to the grind. LOL For me, it's back to keeping the house in order and making healthy meals. I'm also going to start pursuing getting some piano students this week. I'm bored and I miss teaching, plus the extra money is always nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm having serious "Florida Envy" right now! We woke up to snow on the ground two days this week . . . it melts by noon, so I think it's taunting us! GRRR. Have a great week!