3.15.2006

boy, was i wrong!

I had predicted that the bottom three would be Kevin, Bucky, and Melissa. And my true OPINION was that it should be Bucky, Kevin, and Kellie, but I knew that the voting public would NEVER put Kellie in the bottom three (yet).

So imagine my surprise when the bottom three turned out to be Ace, Melissa, and Lisa! To be honest, I wouldn't have been sad to see any of these three go. But I knew as soon as they said Lisa's name that Melissa was going home. I truly believe she is a better singer than Ace, Kevin, and Bucky. But - the votes are in.

Brian would like to go on record as saying, "Oh, snap," when they started out with Ace in the bottom three. :-)

I just really need to know WHY Bucky is still there!! As soon as they announced he was singing "Superstition," I just about lost it. He absolutely butchered that song! And it's such a great song! Anyone remember when R.J. Helton sang it in Season One?

In my opinion, Tuesday night's top four performers were Taylor, Katharine, Paris, and Chris. Mandisa also did great, and I thought Elliott was pretty good, too. I felt like Katharine FINALLY showed her true self - we hadn't heard that voice since the preliminary auditions. And Paris finally chose a great song and rocked it. Taylor just makes B and I smile, every single time he's on stage. And Chris was pretty amazing on Higher Ground.

I've gotta agree with Randy - Stevie Wonder songs are really hard to sing. I mean, who can compare to Stevie?

PS - Hi, Jill! It's great to hear from you! You'll have to find out whose parents go to church with your inlaws. I can't figure out who it could be! Let me know! Hope all is well with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kerri ~ It is the Pelphrey's. Might have been a friend in Nashville the more I think about it. I think they might have told me that you were moving to NY at the time or something. Email me and I'll show you pics of my family! joshandjill@juno.com