3.29.2006

tuesday night sum-up

Idol is getting better and worse! It's funny because when I post about Idol, I actually have to go to a website somewhere to see the contestants, because I can't remember them all! The ones I most always forget are Kellie, Lisa, and .... I seriously just forgot! Oh, Ace. The reason I don't forget Bucky is because I just want him to go home so bad! I mean, he did better last night since he was doing country, but he's still just bad - not at all deserving to be even in the top 12. I really hope he goes home tonight, although it could be Lisa. I can't believe she attempted a Kelly Clarkson song. Really.

So my faves of last night (in no order) were Mandisa, Taylor, Elliott, Katharine, and Paris. Same ones as always.

Oh, no. I just clicked over to the Idol website and saw that Shakira and Wyclef Jean are performing tonight. Now, I like Wyclef, I wouldn't consider myself a fan, but he's all right. But I HATE SHAKIRA!!!! I would honestly rather listen to Bucky than Shakira. I think she sounds like a goat part of the time, and a bad impression of Jessica Simpson the other part of the time. Ick!!!!

Back to my faves. Huge props for Mandisa singing a Christian song! Go Mandisa!!!! She is totally taking this opportunity to share her testimony and it's awesome! Taylor was great, as usual. I rather like it when he dances around and gets into it, but I liked what he did last night. Elliott was awesome, he's just got so much soul! His song was fab. I didn't think Paris looked like a little girl imitating Beyonce - I thought she gave Beyonce a run for her money! And Katharine did well - she can definitely sing, but her high range is starting to annoy me because she lets it get nasaly. Not her head-voice high range, but when she tries to use her chest voice up high. I think she's probably doing a blend of head and chest, which is the proper way to sing so she won't hurt herself and will be singing for a long time. But I think she needs to watch it on the nasal stuff.

So, for Meg, here are my bottom three:

Definitely Bucky
Definitely Lisa
Toss up between Ace and Kellie

I'm so sick of the "look" Ace gives at the end of every one of his performances. He first did it on "Father Figure" and it worked, but then everyone talked about it and he decided to keep it up. It's old. And Kellie is such a cutie, but she's not good enough to stay around for too much longer.

Man, I sound like I work for the show or something! I WISH! LOL

Brian got contacts today. He looks cool! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I read your blogs, I can SOOOO hear your voice in my head. You write exactly as you speak... I love it!
I just finished watching Idol and could only imagine how upset you were when Bucky was not the bottom 3. What kind of crap is that? He so needs to go, but I'm not heartbroken about Lisa leaving.
Make sure you post a pic. of Brian w/out glasses! :)
LYLAS(HA, remember that?)
Jen