4.05.2006

tuesday's disappointment

I don't know what to think of Idol last night. Something's wrong with Taylor. I can't figure it out - maybe he was just really tired or sick, but he didn't have the same excitement he usually has. Neither did Mandisa, although I still thought they both sang well. I don't look for either of them to go home tonight, although Brian thinks they'll both be in the bottom three. I hope not.

I've got to interject that if I were on the show and they asked me to sing country music, I would probably have to do it with about as much enthusiasm as Taylor and Mandisa did last night. Unless I got to sing a Dixie Chicks song. Then I'd probably be happy. :-D

OK, so I have no idea how America will vote. It's really hard because I think the bottom three should be Bucky (of course), Ace, and Kellie. But since Bucky and Kellie are both country singers, I just don't know if they'll be in the bottom three or not! I really hope so! And Ace sang a love song, so all the girls will like that. I really don't think he's that good looking. I've got to say that I hate Ace's hair. It's so wierd, all parted in the middle and then it makes these rounded corners around his forehead. Just look closely tonight and you'll see what I mean.

I want Bucky or Ace to go home. Also, I didn't think Chris did that great last night - I mean, he sang well, but like Simon said, it was boring. I wasn't a fan. Once Bucky, Ace, and Kellie are gone, there will be only really good singers left and then it will be really hard to choose! Katharine did great last night, even though I HATE the song she sang. Paris was good, Elliott was awesome. I can't wait to see what happens tonight.

In other news, my parents are here! They got here Saturday evening, just in time for our whirlwind-of-a-Sunday at church, with all the traveling, rehearsals, etc. Since then, we've been playing a lot of games and just hanging around. Yesterday we went shopping nearly all day. They have to go home on Friday. :-(

Today I noticed that I'm getting tan. I know, if you know me, you're shocked because I'm rarely tan - some of you have NEVER seen me with a tan! LOL Anyway, I've been out in the neighborhood walking for at least 40 min. every day and also sometimes riding my bike. So I'm starting to get a little sun, and it's about time, since I live in Florida!!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I miss you!! I know you're having fun with your Mom and Dad but I miss our chats, our 20's...and we need to SCRAP again soon! You'll be so proud of the progress I made this week in the scrap room!

I'm so shocked to see Mandisa go home. I think she had a tough night, but not bad enough to go home, IMO. Taylor seemed WAY OFF to me. Kellie did MUCH better...Ace was alright...even Bucky was ok...Chris...I am in love with him. He reminds me of a very special someone from my past and just watching him...***sigh*** I actually liked his performance Tuesday over last week's hard rocker night.

OK...call me after your parents are gone. We've got some catching up to do, girlfriend!