3.13.2006

summer summer summertime

The air is sweetly scented with orange blossoms and we are enjoying some of the best weather ever! Today has been a grand day - Brian started his new job and had a wonderful time, and I got back to my regular schedule. I got a lot done today and managed to cook a healthy meal tonight, complete with a healthy dessert!

We're thankful for Brian's work and for this early summer. Soon I'm going to begin work on a garden.

Tonight I finished reading "Marley and Me" by John Grogan. It was a truly wonderful book. I would recommend it to anyone! It's seriously laugh-out-loud funny, and if you're an animal lover, you are most definitely missing out if you haven't read this book. Just a warning though - get out the Kleenex for the last few chapters. I was reading it in the bathtub and bawling like a baby! Thanks, Denise, for lending me this treasure.

Idol tomorrow! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kerri ~ This is Jill (Chamberlin) Young from college days. I happened upon your blog on a link from someone else's. Just want to say that I think we are kindred spirits in the AI dept!! :-) Also, my husband's family goes to church in Columbus with parents of a girl you were friend's with in NY. When they found out I went to MV, they asked if I knew you! I can't remember their names right off, but they are super nice people!!