3.12.2006

spacejase, this post is for you!

OK, I have to make a little clarification. Not ALL guys look bad with long hair, in my opinion. But most of them do. What I can't stand is that scraggly, looks-like-it's-never-been-washed-or-combed looking hair. As I was typing my last post and Brian was reading over my shoulder, he said, "But what about Jason? You like HIS hair." This is true, and I even mentioned to Brian that maybe I should put a little note about that in the post. But I didn't, and now look what has happened! LOL Jason, dude, your hair is cool! Don't cut it! :-)

For those of you who are wondering, following is a picture of our beloved and dearly missed friends, Jason and Alicia. They moved to California at the same time we moved to Florida, from Albany. This was taken around last May, I think, at Rob Gallerani's birthday party at Kobe Steakhouse. Of course, this is Jason and Alicia PRE-lasik, since they are both spectacle-free now!
Speaking of you, Jase, I hope you picked my correct top four AI contestants!! My top four, not in any order, are Mandisa, Taylor, Elliott, and Katharine. I also like Paris, but she's been making really bad song choices, so she's not in my top four. I'm harsh, I know. Hope you win the big bucks, J! :-D

While we're on the subject, I was very happy with who went home on Thursday night, except for Bucky. I don't like Gedeon either, but Bucky should've gone FIRST!!

Anyway, let's get on to our day at Islands of Adventure on Thursday. We had a spectacular time. We started out the day with the Incredible Hulk coaster - it was awesome! You start out going up a hill inside a tunnel, and about a third of the way up, you just get LAUNCHED the rest of the way up the hill and straight into a hair-pin loop! It's fab! I took some pics of the coaster from the other side of the park. I lost count of how many flips and loops there were, but I LOVED it!



We also rode the Dueling Dragons, Fire and Ice, two steel coasters that start off side by side and then take off on their own courses, intertwining and coming within a few feet of each other three times during the ride. They were both GORGEOUS rides - so smooth and just relaxing, despite all the loops and corkscrews, etc. I liked the Fire Dragon better - I just thought it was a little smoother.

We rode the Spiderman ride four times! It was so cool! And Brian loved it - he's not big on thrill rides, too bad he married me! Ha! I drag him on all the coasters. But he was loving Spidey - you get in this little car and put on the 3-D glasses and your car gets jolted all around and stuff while a scene plays out. At one point they blow wind on you and the screens on either side of you rush downward, so it looks like you're flying straight up. Then you do a nose dive - but not really, it just looks that way and it's SO COOL - a simulated 400-foot drop, and you get caught at the very last second by Spidey's web. Awesome!

It was a wonderful day - hot and sunny - we wore shorts and got a little sun, and we were still hot! We rode other rides, but those were our favorites. We also had a funnel cake - yum! - and saw a cool show about Sinbad rescuing the princess from the evil witch or something. The stunts were amazing and it was nice to rest our feet for a little while.

Yesterday we headed down to Winter Haven for me to play at Chris' church again. It was great. Man, that band is just so tight! They are so awesome to play with. The service was wonderful. We got home late this afternoon (I noticed on the way home it was 91 degrees!!!!) and cleaned up a bit and rested, then I made a big pot of chili and one of Brian's friends from EA came over for dinner. They're in there chatting about games, comic books, movies, etc. B starts his new job tomorrow at n-Space and we're so excited! It will be great to have things back to normal.

Oh, and if you want to see the rest of our silly photos from Universal, click here.

1 comment:

spaceJASE said...

Of course you weren't refering to my floppy mop! I just had to speak up for the other long-haired dudes out there. LOL

I totally picked your top four correctly! (I read that post about a ka-jillion times to be sure.) I have to say you are spot on with those choices - I have made ~ $80,000 on those four. Paris is also up a couple dollars, and ...someone else I can't remember. This is like the second or third year I have bet on AI via Kerri Sox reccommendation. (I had to listen closely during cards last year... :)

Are you guys coming to the GDC? Probably not now that B is all hooked up with N-Space. Boo! We were lookign forward to seeing you both.