3.08.2006

it's just idol chat

The girls weren't so hot last night. Mandisa was my favorite by far - she was definitely the best singer last night and like Simon said, she was in a different league than the others. I believe Kinnik is definitely going home - nearly her whole song was sharp and it was actually painful for me to listen to. It seriously hurt my ears!

Tonight I'm blogging while watching the guys. I must say that I'm over Gedeon. The clip before his song with the painting put the last nail in his coffin for me. I've never heard a person sing runs more slowly. Seriously! Black people are famous for being able to flip their voices and do runs really fast (think of Stevie Wonder, Brian McKnight, etc.) but Gedeon just sings them so slowly, he drags them out, it sounds wierd.

Chris is good. I like him. He had a few little flat notes toward the end of his song, but he saved it. I don't think he deserves to win, but I think he'll probably be in the top 6. I like Kevin, too - he did a great job on Starry Starry night. He has a very trained sounding voice and it showed on this song. He really has a nice voice, but he just doesn't have the stage presence. I hope he makes it to the top 12 though, because I always like the underdog. :-)

Ooh, looks like my boyfriend, Taylor, is coming up! But first I have to endure Bucky. Ugh. Seriously, I just can't even stand hearing his name. OK, started out sharp. I just think he has no business being here, he's totally out of his league. And he's GOT to cut the hair. It looks so scraggly! Of course, this is all my OPINION!! Remember.

Will, doing How Sweet it is. Eh. Mediocre. Also needs a haircut. His hair looks like my hair looked in the 5th grade when my grandmother gave me a home perm in our kitchen sink. WHY do guys think they need to have long hair??!!

ANYWAY! During the boring parts, (while Will sings), I'll tell you about our day. Today we went to Universal Studios! We're celebrating Brian's new job! We went to the Universal park and we'll do Islands of Adventure tomorrow. The Mummy ride was BY FAR the best ride at that park!! We rode it FOUR TIMES!!!! LOL! We got there around noon and got in line for Shrek. We waited for that for like 30 minutes. It was pretty cute, but I didn't enjoy the wait, so we ran over and got Express Passes. Those made all the difference. Like I said, we rode Mummy four times and each time, we didn't wait for more than about 2 minutes. We seriously walked right up and got in a car. That ride rocks! It's nice and fast and it surprises you! Love it!

We had a wonderful day. But the Mummy was the only thrill ride at this park. So I'm looking forward to tomorrow and some big, huge, fast, loopy roller coasters! Yay! I did like the Men in Black ride and the Back to the Future ride, though. I just got tired of all the ride "introductions," meaning that when we got to what we thought was the end of the line, they would herd us all into a big room and show us some 10-minute-long movie clip. I just wanted to get on the ride already!

Woo! Taylor is gonna sing! I LOVE him! And Elliott is coming up! Yay! OK, Taylor is so adorable and I just love the sound of his voice. Don't tell anyone, but my hair is just as gray as his, and maybe even more. I used to get it colored it about every 3-4 months, but now I have to get it done about every 5 weeks. :-( And the highlights are getting lighter and lighter to cover up the incoming gray!

So, Taylor just makes me wanna get up and dance and play the harmonica or something!! He is such a performer! He was great. I'm gonna rewind it and listen to him again. :-D Like Brian says, Taylor can tear it up!!!! WOO!

Here comes Elliott, my second favorite! Let's see what he does. Ooh, Bryan Adams! Awesome! LOVE this song! Elliott's not the best looking guy, but he has charisma on stage. He's doing great, and it's interesting to hear this song sung with a straight vocal, instead of Bryan Adams' raspy sound. I do love the raspy sound, but this is really good. Elliott has a lot of control. Awesome job! (Brian says he looks like Frankenstein! Mean!)

Ace. All the girls love Ace. He looks kinda funky to me when he's talking - his mouth and eyes go all crooked. I mean, he's cute, but I don't think he's all that. And you know I think he needs a major haircut. He's an okay singer. Brian saw online that some website has predicted he will win. I'm appalled at that! He doesn't hold a candle (in my book) to Mandisa, Elliott, Taylor, Katharine, Paris, or even Chris. And what the heck was that in the middle of the song? He sounded like Horatio Sanz doing an impression of Aaron Neville on SNL.

It's over, time to vote. Guess who I'm voting for! Taylor and Elliott. If I had my way, Will and Bucky would go home. But I can't predict what America will do. I'll say this - I think that the two going home will come from this list:
Bucky
Will
Kevin
Gedeon

Woo hoo! Bo Bice tomorrow night! I'll enjoy the roller coasters and then top off a great day seeing some crappy people go home and Bo Bice sing! Sounds good to me.

4 comments:

spaceJASE said...

Got some hang-ups with long hair?!?!

Why is it not OK for guys to have long hair but it's OK for girls to have short hair? I think there's some gender discrimination going on here.

Maybe guys with long hair feel masculine enough that the contrast of "feminine" hair looks cool. Maybe girls with short hair feel sexy enough that "masculine" short hair doesn't effect them. I mean, look at Natalie Portman in "V for Vendetta" - She has buzz-cut hair and she STILL looks hot. Maybe the short hair forces the viewer to focus on her eyes or other facial features instead of getting hung up on distracting hair caught in her lipstick.

Perhaps long hair on men harkens back to the old days of knights in armor and haircuts were infrequent. (So were baths...) Men were super-tough then!

I hope people voting on that show can look beyond the hair and focus on the singing. :)

Denise said...

Well...how was Islands of Adventure? Emily LOVES that place...her favorite ride is the Flying Unicorn. I like the Hulk...but gotta take some motion sickness meds before I can ride any of them. LOL

Wanna scrap next week??? Did you get in for the two classes at Memory Lane? I saw both the mini book AND the prima layout. I might not take the prima class...wasn't thrilled with the layout, honestly. Very "lumpy bumpy" and would look better on a canvas maybe. The mini book is too cute though!

Call me when you can. Not sure if I'm going to the lake for the Regatta tomorrow...just got home from Bunco and Em's up and sounding stuffy and like she's getting sick. Might keep her home...we'll see.

TTYS!

Denise said...

Oh and btw...you've gotten me HOOKED on AI! I think I'm over LOST and I've not even been impressed with Survivor lately. But I've been watching AI! I think Chris is hot...Ace is cute, but Chris is up there on my list. :)

spaceJASE said...

I bought stock options on your favorite four Idol picks. They offer stocks on the Hollywood Stock Exchange. (www.hsx.com) I hope you know your idol wanna be's cuz I bet about $240,000 (of my fake money) on your word. :)