3.06.2006

a new job for brian

Well, folks, the search is over. Brian has accepted a job with n-Space, a game company here in Orlando. Praise the Lord we don't have to move! n-Space has been very good to B during the whole interview process. (For instance, he got lost TWICE going to interview - two days in a row - and they didn't hold it against him! LOL) They are currently making games for the newest Nintendo system, Nintendo Revolution, which is not yet on the market. Here's an article that was in the Orlando Sentinel recently. Brian really likes it there - it's a smaller yet growing company that has a family-like atmosphere among its employees. More like VV, nothing like EA. :-)

And now I will reveal where he has interviewed over the past month! (Like it's some big exciting news!) He's travelled to Champaign, IL, Albany, NY, and Emeryville (Oakland area), CA. He's also had phone interviews with numerous companies, including companies in Raleigh, NC, Phoenix, AZ, TONS of places in CA, Seattle,WA, and Austin, TX to name a few! You can imagine how relieved I am to not be packing up and moving across the country yet AGAIN! Some of these places gave him offers and some offered to fly him out for an interview and he declined. All in all, he had a big choice to make, and many places to choose from. We're thankful that he was in such a great position. And we feel really confident and happy with n-Space.

Brian made me a delicious dinner last night - pasta with a sauce of sauteed garlic, grape tomatoes, and fresh basil - yum! I've been trying to get the house back in order after last week's craziness! On Saturday, B and I headed down to Winter Haven where my cousin Chris is the minister of music at Winter Haven First Church of the Nazarene. He needed someone to play piano for the contemporary service, so he asked me. We rehearsed on Saturday night and that band is AWESOME! I've barely touched a piano since last May (!) so it was really nice to get back into it. Plus, Chris' sister Kay and her husband Fred came to visit, too. They live in south GA and it was great to see them again!

Sunday morning's service went really well - I enjoyed myself immensely. The music was rockin'! And the speaker was Larry Dennis, the DS for the Central Florida district. He was great, too. I'd really missed being on the platform! Chris needs me for the whole month of March, so we'll be heading to Winter Haven every Saturday night/Sunday morning in March. Oh, and we stayed at the Pastor's house and they had the cutest little dog in the world! I LOVED that doggie!

So B only has this week before he starts work and we're going to try and make the most of it! We're planning to spend 2 days at Universal - I think we're going Wednesday and Thursday. I hope we can squeeze in a romantic dinner too - maybe Friday night.

MUCH less stress now that B is going back to work. Maybe I'll actually start working now, too!

Jenn - we're obviously going to be here, so you and Pat head on down!!!!
Jenni - we'll definitely join you at Disney for a day or two!!!! Can't wait!!!!

It's in the 80's all week this week - anyone else wanna come for a visit? ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Brian on his new job! I am so glad you do not have to move again and that Brian was able to find something so fast.
Larry Dennis is my Mom's old boyfriend from 35 years ago... the Nazarene circle is just way to small.
We'll be in Orlando Oct 1 -6, mark your calendar to come to the park or whatever we can work out. I am just glad you will still be there!
Jen

Sara said...

Congratulations to Brian. I know you're so relieved! :D

spaceJASE said...

Good job Brian!

Denise said...

Congrats, Brian!!! You know that I'm thrilled that you're staying in Orlando!

Have fun at Universal. Call me when you get home so we can get our work done!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!!! Congratulations! I'm sure you're happy to be staying in Orlando.