2.28.2006

busy, busy, busy!

Well, Brian is gone on his THIRD interview out of state in a WEEK, and I'm just exhausted from all his traveling! I could drive to the airport in my SLEEP!! I've missed him, but it's been nice to have some "alone" time - I've gotten a lot of things done around the house, watched a few movies, read a few books, scrapped a few pages. He'll be back tomorrow, and that's the last far-away interview that's scheduled thus far. He might have another one coming up, but it's not on the calendar yet.

I had a doctor appt. yesterday with my new fabulous doctor, Dr. Bedros. I LOVE him. He is wonderful. He's soft spoken and friendly, and I feel like I could just talk to him forever. He's very positive and has a great outlook about everything health-related. Here's the big proof that he's great: my blood pressure yesterday was 114/80. WOW!!!! That's AMAZINGLY good for me, being at the doctor. My blood pressure is usually WAY up when I'm at the doctor, and totally normal when I'm at Walmart or anywhere else. I guess I just get nervous at the doctor, but this is a great result for my new and beloved physician.

And then I had my book club last night, followed by a mad scurry to get B ready for his trip and get MYSELF ready for the Photo Trade Show I went to today at the Convention Center. More about that in a minute. We had to get up at 5:45!! Insane! But we did it and because of unusual traffic, Brian BARELY made it to the plane on time. He's now safely in "another state," preparing to interview tomorrow. Soon, when we have made a job decision, I will reveal all of these mystery interviews. But I don't want people to freak out or anything, so I'll hold off for now. Anyway, here's the page I did for book club:



And now....on to the Trade Show. Liz, the owner of Memory Lane Orlando, got a call from Scrapbook Retailer Magazine, wanting her to send a few people to their booth to scrapbook! They wanted the photography world to see what scrapbooking was and how their products can be incorporated. The show is basically for companies - it's not like the Scrapbook Expo that's open to the public, where you can buy things. This show has demos of new and upcoming products in the field of photography: cameras, lenses, kiosks, etc. So Liz called Denise and Denise called me, and she and I went and scrapped at the booth! It was SO! FUN! I was bouncing off the walls all day!

We met so many nice people - like the guys from 3M, (you know, the Post-It people!), who came over and admired our pages and demonstrated their tape runners, scrapbook glue, repositionable double-sided tape, etc. They even gave us a bunch of free stuff! Awesome! And there was the marketing director from Karen Foster, who we talked with all day. Karen Foster has teamed with Prism Papers, with Prism matching cardstock to Karen Foster's paper lines. Ultra cool! And they gave us tons of cardstock! :-D And their cardstock is GORGEOUS!!!!

About 4 million people looked through our albums and asked lots of questions about scrapbooking. Denise and I just talked and talked about our favorite subject! It was great! People took our picture, videotaped us (!), and took pictures of our pages. It was crazy fun. AND our booth has this awesome system set up with a printer, and you can just stick your memory card or photo CD in and print pictures till your heart's content! We did just that. You can even add borders and text to your pictures! It even prints digital scrapbook pages, 12x12 pictures, etc., but they only had the 4x6 printer with them. But it was still great! We got to print out our pictures in amazingly vivid color for FREE!

All My Memories was there, right next to our booth, and there was Scrapworks - we got to see all their cool new stuff that's coming out....whew! We talked to the people from McGill for a LONG TIME about their punches. There were too many people and companies to mention! We've just had a blast and we're going back tomorrow!!!! I'm EXHAUSTED! I'm ready for bed, but I've TiVo-ed American Idol, so I'm gonna go watch that and then turn in.

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow after the show.

Edited to add:

My bottom three AI girls tonight, in order with my least favorite first:

1. Brenna Gethers - come on, people. She's horrible, both musically and personally. GOODBYE!
2. Kinnik Sky - she can kinda sing, but she was flat for more than half the song.
3. Heather Cox - should go home next week, not at the caliber needed for this show.

Just my (not so humble) opinion! :-P

2 comments:

Denise said...

Psssttttt...I've blogged for 4 days in a row now. I'm ahead of you...where've you been? I know you've got updates! ;)

BT said...

Hey, no news for us yet. How about you guys?

BT