2.21.2006

ai critique

OK, I've got to give my opinion on American Idol. Not that anyone cares, but it IS my blog! :-D After watching over the last few weeks, there were 3 girls that stood out to me. And they were definitely my top three tonight! They are, in no particular order:

Mandisa
Paris Bennett
Katharine McPhee

They all kicked some major butt tonight. I voted for all three of them. I'm making an early prediction that these three girls will be the top three girls. If they're not, I'll be disappointed. Lisa Tucker is a pretty good singer too, and though the judges loved her tonight, I thought her performance was lacking. At the climax of the song, I didn't think she brought it. I do like her, but I like these other 3 better.

Brenna, the girl who's totally full of herself from NY, is on my LAST nerve! I hope she goes home FIRST!!!! (Plus, she really can't sing....)

I can't wait for tomorrow night - simply because I want to hear Taylor Hicks sing! I think he's fab. Even if he does have gray hair!

Brian's interview went well today. He really liked the people and the place. He'll be back tomorrow afternoon, and leave again on Thursday. After that interview, we should have 3 offers to compare. One here and two others in two different states. Please keep us in your prayers!

Oh, yeah - I wanted to say that yesterday, I watched the movie "De-Lovely" about the life of songwriter Cole Porter. It was great, and the music was awesome! My favorite performance was "Love for Sale" by Vivian Green. I've never heard of her, but she was amazing. There were also great performances by Cheryl Crow, Robbie Williams, Diana Krall, Natalie Cole, and Elvis Costello. And what I thought was a horrible performance by Alanis Morissette. I like some of her songs, but she just didn't fit the era of this movie. She turns her diphthongs WAY too much for my taste. ANYWAY! Rent it. Even if only for the music!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KB-
I love your AI critique and I agree with your picks of the girls. I also really like Lisa, but she is just lacking something in her performance. She has an outstanding voice to be 16- but I think she can be even better in a couple years ago. Paris has a great personality, Mandisa has a great voice, but I do think Katherine is my fave. We'll see how the boys do tonight!
Glad Brian's job search is active! I'll be anxious to find out where your next "home" will be. I am hoping it will still be Orlando, since we are bringing Evan to Disney World October 1 - 6 and maybe we can see you!
Jen