2.22.2006

more judgement

It was boys' night on American Idol tonight, and what an interesting show it was. I have lots of things to say, LOL! (as usual) The poor Copa Cabana guy. Love his heart, he's like 50 years old! I think he's going home tomorrow. The first guy who sang, Patrick, was so full of himself. I don't like him at all. And I couldn't stand the guy named Bucky. He was awful!

I thought Simon was right on the entire night, even though Paula and Randy gave him a hard time.

Here are my top three guys:

Taylor Hicks (love him)
Elliott Yamin (but he's GOT to get those teeth fixed!)
Tie between Chris Daughtry and Ace Young

OK, I guess that's four. :-) I also like Kevin Covais, but I know he won't win. He can sing, though! There are some really good singers this year. And some pretty horrible ones - I can't believe some of them made it to the top 24! Let's hope the good ones make the finals.

PS - Jenni, I think our rendition of "Heavenly Love" would win AI. Ah, the memories! :-P We were definitely the Plaza Idols!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the deal with Sway's song? I couldn't believe the falsetto the whole time!! I like Taylor Hicks, not sure who my fav is yet, but he's definitely one of my top picks too :-)

Anonymous said...

Again, I am luvin' your AI critiques, probably because I sooo agree. Your comment on Elliot cracked me up because that is exactly what Eric and I said- the teeth have GOT to be fixed, and growing out his hair would cover the ears. I loved Chris- but I am always a sucker for a good Bon Jovi song so I am anxious for him to sing something else. Ace sure is hot... maybe not the best vocally- but I think he'll go far. Bobby Benett and that squeaky nerdy 16 year old or Patrick need to go tonight!
Oh the Heavenly Love rendtion... we so rocked the East Ky. district. :)
Plaza Idol #2

Sara said...

I didn't watch AI this week, but from the minute I heard Taylor Hicks, I knew I really liked him. In fact, I said to Jim that he sounded like Joe Cocker before one of the judges did. ;) Hopefully that will translates to votes for him.