11.23.2005

thanksgiving eve

Well, I'm finally feeling better! I had to miss my scrapbook book club, and I'm so mad about it. But I felt like death on a cracker, so I figured I shouldn't try to go and infect the others. I'm going to try to get to the store today and pick up my kit. Thanks for the posts, Denise! I'll see you very soon!

Yesterday, I ran down to West Colonial Drive to do some errands. I had to get envelopes for my Christmas cards, go to the bank, pick up my December kit from the Scrapbook Shak, go to the grocery store, etc. Well, on the 429, you have to pay toll. It's $1. (There is a LOT of toll to be paid in Orlando.) Anyway, I thought about it as I left, and thought I had a few dollar bills in my purse. As I approached the toll booth, I realized that I did NOT, in fact, have any dollar bills. So I started scrounging for change. I had 2 quarters, 3 dimes, 2 nickels, and 10 pennies.

I got to the window and handed the lady my change. She said, "I need a dollar." I said, "That IS a dollar." She sighed and said, "But now I have to count it."

What the heck! Isn't that her job?! I mean, come on, she sits in a toll booth all day taking money!

This morning, I was reading all my friends' blogs, and I came across this hilarious post by Sara. It reminded me of my favorite McDonald's experience. OK, not my favorite, but definitely the one I remember most. Here's the story:

We lived in Atlanta, and I worked part-time for a scrapbook store. It was a Friday night, and I had closed, so it was like 10:00. I was famished, so I stopped at the McDonald's drive-thru for some dinner. I'll refer (as Sara did) to the drive-thru voice as McD.

McD: Can I take your order?
Me: I want a hamburger, PLAIN, with pickles only.

**Let me interrupt myself. I must explain, again as Sara did, why I order my hamburger this way. If I order it with pickles only, I will get it with everything. So I must say PLAIN first, so they get it, then casually add the PICKLES ONLY after. I hate all condiments, so scraping them off is not an option. You can still taste them and the bun gets all soggy from ketchup or whatever. Yuck!**

McD: We no have hamburger.
Me: (thinking) What? This is McDonald's!
Me: (talking) Are you out of burgers?
McD: No.
Me: OK, then, I'd like a hamburger, PLAIN, with pickles only.

Now this goes on for a few minutes, with me repeating my order, him saying, "we no have hamburger," me asking if they are out of burgers, and him saying no. UGH! Finally, I said, "I'm just going to pull around to the window."

I pull around, roll down my window, and the guy grins and says, "We have hamburger."

WHAT!!!! I can still remember how mad I was. I don't even remember if I got a burger! LOL

ANYWAY! It's the day before Thanksgiving, and I'm quite excited to see Brian's family. I LOVE his brother's crazy wife, Angela. The Sox family is notedly quiet, and Angela and I can really bring some noise to the room! We both talk up a storm, and she has the BEST southern accent! We are going to have so much fun with the fam!

Now I have to do a few more quick errands, bake a cake, pack our clothes, and clean the house. I hate coming home to a dirty house when I've been out of town! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: