10.03.2005

funny felines

I was making lunch today when I looked up and saw this:

People where they're not supposed to be.

Yesterday, we moved the cat castle over next to the armoire. It had been in the kitchen and was crowding the table, and it was bothering me. (You can't see it in this picture, but it's right under the picture to the right of the sliding glass door.) Well, the castle is tall enough for them to jump up on the armoire, then up on the ledge. They are so cute up there, but they chew on my fake plants!!!! We'll be moving the castle again shortly.

Then guess what. Today at the gym I saw the NY Yankees guy again. His skin is leathery looking. Anyway, I was on the treadmill and I saw him sauntering around. Some of the weight benches are by this huge window--it's really a wall that's all glass--and I watched him walk over to a weight bench. I was thinking, "Is he actually going to lift a weight??!!" But instead, he took a seat and proceeded to stare out the window. Maybe he was waiting on a call on his cell!

On the way home from the gym, I stopped at a store called Tuesday Morning. I had heard of it before--there was one near Sera's old house in NY. But I never went. Well, today I spent TWO HOURS in there! It was so cool! I got these really awesome boxes to store things in in my office--they're solid blue, red, and lime green and they have striped lids of the same colors. Love it. I also got a bunch of Christmas presents!!!! (and some rock candy--only 1 point!)

When I got home, I got the mail while I was emptying out the car, and I stuck the mail in one of the boxes. When you enter our house through the garage, you come into a little laundry room, then into the kitchen. We always keep the laundry room door shut so we can come in and not worry about the cats (escape artists) getting out. So I put all my stuff on the washer and dryer, took the mail out of the box, and came in to start dinner.

In a little while, I noticed this:

SOMEONE didn't waste any time trying out the box, did he??!! And SOMEONE ELSE was quite nosy and had to inspect all the boxes!!

That's my exciting news for today. I'll post pictures of my office when I get the boxes organized.

2 comments:

BT said...

Hilarious pictures. I'll be sending a link for Snapfish today, I promise!

Mr. Mandelbaum is a Seinfeld character who tried to toughen up Jerry at the gym. He kept punching Jerry in the stomach and always said, "It's go time!"

He also makes an appearance in a subsequent episode in which he tries to prove his strength by lifting a TV over his head and throws his back out. This is followed by much more hilarity from which I will spare you for now.

Love ya, Sis...

BT

Anonymous said...

So...I am going for the record today w/ 3 comments!
The pictures of Sam and Max crack me up! They have so much personality.
I love the pics you put of your house- it looks so pretty. I am anxiously awaiting the desk pictures.
No more comments for today...
Love,
Jen