10.31.2005

five years


Well, our 5th anniversary has come and gone, and it was fantastic! On Friday night, I cooked Brian's favorite dinner, complete with 2 desserts! I served it on our wedding china, which we've only used once (our first Thanksgiving in NY--we hosted dinner for about 9 people). We ate by the light of 5 candles, and it was so romantic! The menu: fried chicken, potato casserole, sugar snap peas, dinner rolls, and sweet tea. For dessert: chess cake and yellow cake with chocolate syrup. Yummy! (see photo below)



On Saturday, Brian had a big surprise planned for me. But on Friday night, someone called on his cell and said that we couldn't do our surprise on Saturday because of the weather. Brian explained that we were going to go in a HOT AIR BALLOON!!!! But the wind has to be less than 10 mph to go, so we're going to do it another day. I cannot wait!!!!

So we lounged around and then went out to dinner at Seasons 52. It was delicious! We started out with a rosemary parmesan flat bread. For dinner, Brian had pork with polenta and I had blackened mahi mahi with mashed sweet potatoes and seasonal veggies. My veggies were served in a hollowed-out mini pumpkin that had been carmelized. It was exquisite!

For dessert, they brought out this metal wire-looking container that was holding nine miniature glasses. (see top photo) We were able to pick which ones we wanted! Brian picked apple crumble and pecan pie. I picked red velvet cake and almond amaretto. And we shared key lime pie. All of it was scrumptious!!!!

All in all, it was a great anniversary and we're thankful to be married. The end!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The End?" Come on . . .it's only the beginning! :-) Happy Anniversary!! Seems like yesterday . . .

P.S. So how many points were in that yummy weekend? I do believe that on special occasions, all food is zero points! :-)

Denise said...

Sounds like a fantastic anniversary! Congrats again!

I thought I recognized those mini desserts. Seasons 52...YUM!

Sara said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Brian looks so cute. :D Now where are the pictures of you, my dear?!