9.07.2005

samsonite and maximillian von trappenstein

Meet our cats.






Their real names are Sam (black) and Max (orange), but we call them all sorts of "pet" names, haha. It's mostly Sammy and Maxie, but if you frequent our house you'll also hear Samalama, Cutus Maximus, Samalot, Maxel, and etc.

I've had Sam since November of 1997. He's my first husband. No, really! He was my companion when I was single and living alone. He would always greet me when I came home from work, and he guarded the house. He was also a good judge of boyfriends--he always snubbed the bad ones and that's how I would know. He loved Brian from day one, although he did try (and succeed) to sit between us on the couch. After we got married, he slept between us for the longest time. He still does it sometimes. Sam turned 8 in May.

We adopted Max in October of 2002. We decided Sam needed a playmate, and Brian wanted a cat to call his own (even though Max loves me more! haha!). Max had a great personality right from the start, and he put up with Sam's bossing him around. Sam is still pretty domineering. I have will have to get some pictures of Sam "disciplining" Max.

These cats are the lights of our lives. (Don't lecture me about having kids, maybe I'll get around to it someday, but for now I'm perfectly satisfied with my kitties, thank you very much.) They provide much entertainment and laughter around our place. I often call Brian at work to tell him what they're doing, or sometimes I attempt to capture their shenanigans on film.

I now have tons of pictures saved up on the digital camera, so I'll try to upload those in the next day or so. Our boys have done some naughty things in the new house! We love them anyway, though.

Right now I have to go get some pineapple sherbet. Or do I want banana ice cream? Decisions, decisions....

No comments: