9.08.2005

a place to lay my head

It seems like forever (nearly 4 years) that I've wanted a new white bed. With the color that we painted our room in NY (and we're going to paint it the same color here, asap), white furniture looks great. We have white nightstands and a white dresser. (I bought the dresser unfinished and painted it myself.) We had a 30+ year old bed, box springs, and mattress that used to belong to my grandparents. And we sold it in NY so we could buy a new bed.

I've searched far and wide for a white bed that is reasonably priced. Now mind you, it must be WHITE white, not cream or antiqued or anything like that. There's a DIVINE one at Pottery Barn, but it's so expensive! I saw one at Eddie Bauer Home a few years ago, but it was expensive too--about the same as the PB one.

ANYWAY, I've finally broken down and bought my Pottery Barn bed!! I figure it's an investment, right?! You can view it here. Except ours will be white instead of black. AND IT'S COMING TOMORROW!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Please understand that Brian and I have only ever owned a king-size bed since we've been married. On the occasional trip where we have to sleep in a full, we're usually very uncomfortable and don't sleep well--we're just used to a big bed! Well, for the last month or so, we've been sleeping in a full bed. We're about to die. (We're spoiled, I know.) So we cannot WAIT for the new bed.

The mattress and box springs were delivered today, and we set them up on the floor so we can sleep there tonight. Yay! (Never fear, the bug situation is MUCH better! We haven't seen any for a few days now. Well, except a couple of dead ones--my favorite kind!)

I'll post pictures when I get the new bed set up tomorrow. Our room is not painted yet (right now it's an icky olive green-ish/gray-ish color) but should be done soon. The painter just has to fit us into his schedule!

In other news, we're having dinner at Logan's (my favorite restaurant) with my cousin Chris tomorrow evening. Should be fun. It's nice to have family fairly close by. Chris lives in Winter Haven, about an hour south of us. He's minister of music at Winter Haven First Church of the Nazarene.

No comments: