9.02.2005

life's a beach

Tonight we're headed to Ft. Myers, FL for the long weekend! I'm so excited! Usually when we go to Ft. Myers, it's a big trip, with planes, time off work, etc. Now it's only a 3.5 hour drive!!!! I love to go and relax, get some sun, shop. But this time I'm most excited to get away from the bugs!!!!

The condo is situated on a lake, and there's a wrap-around screened-in porch. Our family's condo is on the second floor, so we have a great view of the lake and all the wildlife surrounding it. In the morning, there are water turkeys that make the strangest sound! I can't wait to see what the cats do when they see them! (Yes, we're taking them.) Of course, it's too hot this time of year to spend much time on the porch, but we'll have to venture out a time or two.

There are also 2 pools, and we'll be 10 minutes from the beach. Maybe we'll even visit Sanibel Island, which is about a 20 minute drive if I remember correctly. I've packed bunches of magazines that I'm behind on. I'll read them by the pool. Maybe I'll even take a few scrapping items. I haven't done my "we've moved" cards yet.

It occurred to me last night that the last time we were in Ft. Myers, we had just found out we were moving to NY. Ironically, it was over Labor Day in 2001. That trip was quite....well, thoughtful, I guess. We were dealing with so many emotions. And we were broke.

We saw another spider last night. It was big. I saw it in the corner of the kitchen. It must have known its fate, because it was facing into the corner like the Blair Witch Project. Brian sprayed it with kitchen cleaner and then squished it. Ha HA! Maybe word will get around in the insect community that bugs go in, but they don't come out!!!!

OK. Today I have to go to the gym, finish packing, vacuum, and pick up a little around the house. If there's one thing I loathe, it's coming home from a trip to a dirty house.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oooh, sounds fun! Have a great time!

Chris said...

I remember those condos well!! Thanks to your grandparents!

It's so cool to connect with you online. We just moved to Beavercreek yesterday to join the staff there in youth ministry. Excitement galore.

A few weeks ago we were in Lakeland for an interview at Highland Park Naz but just didn't feel God nudging us all the way to Florida...it was hot! Come Jan/Feb though I'll be wishing we had moved. Keep in touch