9.01.2005

happy september.

The best thing about today so far is the cherry blossom bubble bath I took this afternoon. And it wasn't long enough, so maybe I'll take another one tonight!! We have a great tub in our master bath, and now I'm addicted to baths. I've always loved them, but it got better when we had a big garden tub in our house in GA. Then in NY, we just had normal tubs, so baths were just mediocre. Now they're great again. This tub fills all the way up to my neck. It's also slippery, and I've slid under water a few times now! We need a mat in there!

I woke up with a headache today, and it was storming. It stopped raining eventually, but kept that dreary weather all day, so I don't feel like I've ever really woken up today. I've basically done a whole lot of nothing all day, although I did decide to go to the library late this afternoon. I checked out 9 DVD's--yes NINE. (I already have 5 audio books checked out, and 1 CD.) We're going to Ft. Myers this weekend to my g-parents' condo, and their cable is not hooked up. So we'll just watch movies!

When I got home from the library, I decided to fix chicken casserole for dinner, so I've been doing that. It's now in the oven and while it's baking, I'm going to try to organize a little in the office/scraproom. This is a nice room, but I don't have all the cabinet space I had in NY, so everything is just out in the open. I'm going to bring in a table and start fixing up my stuff. As I get the house more in order, I'll post some pictures.

I also watched Rock Star INXS today. (We had it on the DVR from Tuesday and Wednesday nights.) This is my new favorite show. Of course, I've been a huge INXS fan since high school. Betcha didn't know that! Anyway, I like everyone who's left except J.D. and Marty. (I truly HATE J.D., but that's another discussion.) It's funny how my top 3 faves have changed as the show has gone on. I'm not especially fond of Suzie, but she does sing some songs well. I did NOT enjoy her performance of "Bohemian Rhapsody," but INXS went on and on about it, so maybe it was better in person. I really liked Ty, and I'm sorry to see him go. He was awesome. I used to like Jordis a lot, but as the show has progressed, she's not in my top 3 anymore. I feel like she doesn't show any emotion on her face when she's singing; she looks kind of dead inside. So that brings us to Mig. I want him to win. I love his voice, he's an all-around great musician, and he's Australian, so he'd fit right in. I think he's kind of "pretty" for a guy, but he can't help that. I would SO go see him in concert.

I seriously can't believe it's September already! It seems like 2 days ago that we were telling our friends we were moving. The whole summer has passed now, and everything blends together in my mind. If I were in NY, I would be getting ready to start teaching again. I guess I should start thinking about getting some students here! When I get the house all settled, I will. Until then, I'll be a stay-at-home blogger.

No comments: