2.25.2009

impress me

I just sat down to watch Idol. I will watch this 2 hour show in like 45 minutes probably. My whole attitude is...impress me. The show has started, and I'm not at ALL impressed so far. I'll blog as I go.

Oh yay - Matt Giraud is about to sing - I'm excited for this. OK. He's a good singer, and he's doing ok, but I'm really disappointed he's not doing something more bluesy. He was so amazing doing "Georgia on My Mind" in Hollywood. OK, Kara just said exactly what I just said. LOL I still really hope he makes it through, because he is seriously talented.

There are some really weird people on this show tonight. One of them is this little red-headed 16-year-old. I hate to tell the judges, but she is totally not using her voice properly in the upper register. She's not going to be singing forever if she keeps that up. I liked the beginning of the song, but when she started pushing it on the chorus, it hurt me. Also, all the jerky movements she was doing drove me nuts. She'll probably go through tonight. But I guess I shouldn't say that until I've heard all 12.

Oh, here's Kai - I've been looking forward to hearing him, even if I don't really like his hair. I really like his voice. Don't know if this is my favorite song he's ever done.

OK, I like Adam. I think he's talented, but he's not my favorite ever. He has a serious range, though.

Nobody rocked me tonight. But I hope Matt Giraud goes through.

No comments: