2.22.2008

me...a runner?

Remember the days when I would talk incessantly about my weight loss? Well, I've been maintaining that loss for about a year and a half now, and I'm about ready to try and lose the last 20 lbs. I need something NEW to do...and over the last month, as I've been walking (occasionally), I've noticed that I can run for 3-4 minutes at a time. I've NEVER been able to do that before.

So, after talking to one of my Kindermusik moms, I've decided that I'm going to try running. I'm going to do this program called Couch to 5K. And I'm starting today. It doesn't look too horribly hard...but we'll see about that now, won't we? Wish me luck!

*Edited to add: OK, I did it. 5 minute brisk walk for a warm-up, then alternating 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes. Sound easy? Try it - it's SO not easy! After the 3rd time running, I thought, "I'm going to die." After the 4th time, I thought, "Now it's worse." And then it got SLIGHTLY easier. I ended with a 5 minute brisk walk cool down for a total of 30 minutes. And I feel great - now, let's make this a habit!*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job. I'm sitting on the couch right now, and running does not sound fun at all . . . so that takes real guts!

Melissa said...

I used to run after I had Maddy. I actually really learned to love it! Not something I EVER thought I would say... EVER! Once it warms up a little bit again, I want to start up with it. You can do it, Kerri! I know you can! :)