9.10.2007

just an update

It's been awhile! Although Kindermusik is going GREAT and it's so much fun I can't even believe I'm getting paid to do it, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. One of my marketing strategies included contacting a school about 30 minutes away whose Kindermusik program had to close down this year because the teacher moved away. In contacting them, I found out that they are looking for an elementary music teacher. This is a Montessori school and I'm very unfamiliar with their program, but I've now had 2 interviews with them and today I went and observed a class. They do blended ages, so 1st through 3rd grades are all in the same class and 4th through 6th grades are together. It's an interesting environment! Anyway, I think things are looking positive and it's only a few hours a week, so I'm seriously considering it.

I had one wild class last week - a class with 5 3-year-old boys. They were just crazy! I learned a lot from that class! I now have a strategy for this week, since we didn't really get anything done last week. Whew! Part of me feels like I'm an aerobics instructor! LOL I do get a lot of exercise during the classes. And it's SO fun!

In other news, I actually RAN on the treadmill this week! I know, I'm shocked too. I've never been able to run - I always get a side cramp! I can't even run to the end of the driveway! So I was pretty proud. I only ran for 2 minutes, and then I walked awhile, and then I ran for 2 more minutes!! That doesn't seem like much, I know, but for me - it's a big deal! LOL

OK, here are some pictures of my Kindermusik classroom! I'll leave you with those and maybe my life will become more interesting at some point so I can write about something besides kids and music! :-)




4 comments:

spaceJASE said...

Funny how all of a sudden opportunities come out of the woodwork! I hope you find what's right for you. Glad you're havign fun with Kindermusic. It sounds fun. :)

Way to go running!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Got linked to your blog through Leslie's! I am teaching K-6 music so if you need any ideas feel free to email! I love it but it can get REALLY old. I'm teaching 51 classes a week right now (won't be staying here long I hope, it's a killer!). Anyway, I have some tried and true ideas I use everywhere I go! joshandjill@juno.com

Karlene said...

What a nice room. Lots of space and light. It looks great.

Robyn Diaz said...

is this your own business? SO awesome!! I have been hearing parents talk about Kindermusic here and there, it sounds like the new trend. good luck!!