6.11.2007

a new drummer

I don't think I mentioned that last Sunday was our drummer's last Sunday. Rich has been playing at our church for 3 years and, like me, he drives about an hour one-way every Saturday and Sunday. Rich and his wife have 2 kids and I can understand why he would want to spend more time at home. We have practice every Saturday evening - I usually leave my house between 4:30 and 4:45 and I get home beween 9 and 10. Then we leave at 8:30 on Sunday mornings and we're usually home by 2 or 2:30. It does take up a lot of the weekend.

Anyway, tonight was our first rehearsal with our new drummer - and he's just great! He's really talented and it was an easy rehearsal. You never know what it's gonna be like when you have a new person - but he's a great fit and it was fun! At one point I looked over and his sticks were like a blur, they were moving so fast! I miss Rich but I think Josh is gonna do just fine.

I've actually been scrapping a lot lately! It's Summer Scrapfest over at Lifetime Moments and I'm having a great time! I'll share some of my pages soon. Can you believe I still haven't finished my cruise posts? What is WRONG with me? Well, I'll tell you what it is: I HATE doing pictures on Blogger. They never go where I tell them to go and then I have to post and repost, publish, delete, repost, etc. It takes me forever! But St. Martin was my favorite of all the places we went, so I really need to get those pictures up soon!

I don't think there's much else to say! We're just truckin' along in the summer heat of Florida. Brian's enjoying work and I'm scrambling like crazy to get my Kindermusik classes up and running. Things are looking positive on that front, but more about that later. Gotta get to bed - I'm tired and we have to get up early. Good night, all!

No comments: