12.14.2006

a year end poem

These past few weeks have been the craziest Christmas season I can ever remember! Time has absolutely gotten away from me, and I'm frantically trying to get things ready to go on our trip in just a few short days. Did I mention that I ordered stamps online from the USPS and they got lost in the mail? Ironic, huh? Well, they came today. Looks like my Christmas cards will be sent out before Christmas after all. I wrote a poem to enclose, but I'm sending 88 cards and there's just not time to make all the copies. So I thought I'd just post it here. This will probably be my last post before we leave, so we want to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas, a happy New Year, and a safe holiday season.

------------------------------------------

This year of '06 has brought many events,
And more will arrive 'fore December is spent.
So without ado, I just want to share
Some stuff about us – and told with a flair!

We've now lived in Florida for over a year,
And we are becoming quite settled down here,
Though we still are not really used to the heat.
(We still think that New York just cannot be beat!)

We began our year with a bit of strange news:
EA laid off Brian, despite rave reviews
Of his programming skills, personality, brains -
But we know that their loss is truly our gain!

He's working for n-Space and still making games
For folks like Nintendo and others of fame.
He loves it, he says it's his favorite job yet!
Saying goodbye to EA, we do not regret!

For the spring and summer, I used some old skills
I'd developed in college, to help pay the bills.
I did freelance writing, wrote stuff for the 'net,
And it was by far my most laid back job yet.

I loved working at home and at my own pace,
And when that job ended I wore a sad face.
Since then I've been teaching piano again.
I'd missed it so much - what fun it has been!

In late March, we found my blood pressure was high.
The doctor said, “Exercise! Or you could die.”
It's amazing what that piece of news did for me.
I'm eating well, working out, being healthy.

And would you believe I've dropped 40+ pounds?
But what's even better – my BP is down!!
I've gone down three sizes and the very best part
Is knowing each day I have a healthy heart.

In October, we celebrated SIX years
Of wedded bliss, laughter, happiness, and cheer.
And then, Brian had surgery on his back!
He feels so much better - and no more ice pack!

We've finally found a church that we love -
It truly has been a gift from above.
And I get to play keys and sing in the band!
You can be quite sure that our church is not bland!

This year has brought visitors, travels, and fun,
Many trips to Disney, and days filled with sun!
Come see us, or if you're in town, let us know!
We'll meet you for lunch, dinner, or a show!

Overall, we're thankful, we're happy, we're healthy.
In family and friends, we know we're quite wealthy.
We love you, we miss you, we hope you are well.
Please call us and tell us what there is to tell!

This Christmas, take time to remember the birth
Of Jesus, God's Son, Who came down to earth
To save us, live with us, for He is the reason
We celebrate this blessed, glorious season!

Love to you all.

~Brian and Kerri

No comments: