10.07.2006

a few days at disney

Jenni and Eric and their adorable son Evan came to Disney World this past week for their vacation, and I was fortunate enough to be able to spend
a few days with them. I had a BALL! Jenni and I have been to amusement parks together many, many times over the last 30+ years, and this time did not disappoint. If only we knew, during all those trips to King's Island when we were little, that we would someday be at Disney together with our husbands! :-)

On Monday, we went to MGM. I had never been to MGM and it was fun. We were in line for the Rockin' Roller Coaster, and we were probably about 2 or 3 rides away from getting on...and it stopped. After waiting for what seemed to be forever (but was probably about 15 min.), we left and headed to the Tower of Terror, which scared the living crap out of me. :-D I LOVE roller coasters, and I will ride just about anything (but nothing bungee-ish) - but those rides that drop you freak me out! It was way fun though, and Jenni got a good laugh at the picture since my eyes were squeezed shut and I was holding on for dear life!

On Wednesday, we went to Epcot and Brian joined us just in time to ride Soarin' - which is one of my favorite rides ever! Then we had dinner at a fabulous Italian restaurant in "Italy," and I had some of the best lasagna I've EVER had. Yum! Epcot was open until midnight that night, so after dinner, we rode the ride that's in the big golf ball - I forgot what it's called, but it's really dark and perfect for some smoochin'!

It's always great to spend time with Jenni - we've known each other literally all our lives. Our parents have been friends since before we were born and our families have spent lots of time together through the years. Jenni and I always love to reminisce about mean things we did to each other - can you believe she thought I was mean?? SHE was mean! - haha - and fun times we had, crazy things we did, how we used to fight, etc. Jenni's my oldest and best friend and I wish we could spend more time together. Someday maybe I'll get a scanner that works so I can post some pics of us in our younger days.

(Just adding a photo here for my avatar!)

No comments: