8.07.2006

three sizes and a new job

It's been forever. I've been a scrapbooking fiend for the last week or so, culminating in the completion of 12 layouts and 9 cards over this past weekend. I'll be posting some of my stuff this week, because Braden is so cute I just can't resist! Oh, he called me and said "Aunt Sis" over the phone!! And then he roared like a lion. I LOVE IT!

On Saturday, my neighbor came over and we scrapped together all day! She had never scrapped before. She's a stamper and she wanted to get into scrapbooking - so I told her to come right over and I'd share all my stuff. It was a blast! She got so crazy about scrapping - I saw her today and she FINISHED HER ALBUM over the weekend! Stayed up till 3am! A woman after my own heart!

This morning I got a new job! It's nothing exciting, and I'm over-qualified, but it's going to be great for me to get into a routine! And get out of the house! And talk to people! I'll be filling in for the secretary at a local church here in Apopka. She's going on vacation for about 2 months and they needed someone to fill in - a wonderful grandmotherly-type lady that I know from the gym asked if I'd be interested and I'm so excited to be doing something! LOL I'll work 4 hours a day M-F starting in a few weeks and going to the end of October. (Don't worry Jenni, I'll still hang with you guys at Disney! I'll be off by 12:30 every day! Can't wait to see you! Hurry up and get here!)

I also have a few piano students getting ready to start lessons. I'm a little nervous since I haven't taught in over a YEAR! But I'm REALLY looking forward to having music in the house again.

Lately I've been noticing that I can't keep most of my pants up! I don't mind this problem at all! But I really need some new clothes, so I headed out this afternoon to do some shopping. At first I went around as usual, picking up clothes that were the size I thought I might be (one size smaller than what I was when I started my healthy life). I got ONE pair of pants that were two sizes smaller and brought them to the dressing room too, thinking, "Now if I can't wear these, I won't be too upset because I've still got some weight to lose." Well, that pair fit fine! I was shocked! I put on a kind of fitted top and was surprised that it actually looked okay!

Then I noticed that the pants seemed kind of loose and roomy in the front. Dare I get the NEXT size down? No way I'll be able to wear them! But guess what - I tried them on and they fit perfectly! Grinning like a crazy person, I put my regular clothes back on and went all around the store again looking at all the clothes with new eyes. I picked out tons of stuff I bypassed the first time, and I got stuff in my NEW size - THREE SIZES SMALLER THAN WHEN I STARTED!!!! It feels great, I have to say. Not only am I out of plus sizes, I'm FAR AWAY from plus sizes and I never want to go back! Brian took a picture of me in a new outfit tonight - it's amazing how different you look when your clothes FIT! I'll post the picture tomorrow, right now I'm in bed and I'm not getting back up!

I guess that's about all I have to share - things at church are going GREAT - Brian is LOVING his job more than ever - we are blessed with new friends, friends with whom we have a lot in common - we're happy and healthy and in love - life is good. God is good.

I want to give a quick shout out to my dad whose birthday was August 2! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! KEEP AMERICA SINGING! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have way too much good news ;-) That's totally awesome about the new size and the job . . . and oh the piano lessons are BACK!!! Can't wait to swap stories on that track! Congrats!

Miss Kerri said...

Hi, Les and Meg!

Leslie - at least I HAVE some news - usually I'm doing NOTHING! LOL

Meg - you guys are my best friends! I won't forget you! I AM coming to visit sometime....I just don't know when. Maybe in November? Is there a Jiminy Peak weekend that month????