6.18.2006

twenty three

I weighed in at the doctor on Friday morning, and I'd lost 5 more pounds. That makes 23 total since March 28, when I started this health kick! I figured out that this is the most weight I've ever lost at one time. When we first got married and lived in GA, I lost 18 pounds on Weight Watchers. (That was spring of 2001.) I now have 7 more pounds to lose before I'll be back where I STARTED that time! So, that means that when I lose 25 more pounds, I'll be where I was at my lowest weight in GA. Whew! Can you believe I had gained 48 pounds since the spring of 2001? What was I thinking? No wonder my blood pressure and cholesterol were up!!!!

Friday afternoon, I went to Denise's and we scrapped. Rather, she scrapped, and I fought with my adhesive for about an hour! It got stuck and by the time I figured out how to fix it, I had adhesive all over me, Denise's table, and the adhesive dispenser. Ugh! But I did manage to get one 2-page spread done.

Then around 8:00 or so, Denise and I went over to her friend's house and played Bunco. Have you ever played Bunco? It's a dice game that is SO! FUN! I had a blast. You can imagine the wildness of 16 crazy ladies throwing dice as fast as they can and occasionally screaming "BUNCO!" It was way too much fun.

Yesterday we did nothing (well, we walked, of course) and then I went to rehearsal at church. Today, we had a great service. Even though we're driving over an hour to church, it's totally worth it. The Pastor and his family are just wonderful. And the band just sounds so professional! Seriously! Well, they're all paid players, but what great guys they are. It's an honor to play with them, and now I'm singing too, since the girl who sang alto left. (She moved to Memphis.) All in all, I praise God that we've found such a wonderful church.

Tomorrow, we're going to see Marc Broussard at the House of Blues. He just has the most incredible voice, I can't wait! My cousin Chris is going with us, and so is our drummer from church and his wife. It'll be a great time.

No comments: