6.21.2006

boy can SANG!

OK, if you haven't heard Marc Broussard, you must rush to iTunes and download his records. Right now. This is one of the most talented singers I've ever heard. And he's 24!! The concert on Monday night was excellent. It ranked right up there (if not even better) than the Harry Connick concert! I know it's shocking for me to say that. While Harry is dripping with talent, he's suave and controlled. Marc is just overflowing with soul. I mean, he feels every word he sings! He's just amazing. I'm definitely a huge fan now.

If you go to his site, click on "launch music player" over on the right and you'll be able to sample some of his stuff. His music is a mix of blues, soul, R&B, and funk. It's awesome. A few months ago, Brian and I were about to go to sleep and I was flipping channels in bed. I saw this guy singing on VH1, so I hit "info" and it was the 2006 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction show. Solomon Burke, Leela James, and this white kid were singing "Mustang Sally," and this kid was blowing both of them out of the water! I was IMMEDIATELY in love with his voice. It was Marc Broussard. Check him out!

Here's a pic of Brian and I waiting in line for the concert. It was starting to blow up a little rain. :-)I'm going to Vegas TOMORROW! I'm nearly finished getting everything together, and now I just have to put it in the suitcase. I'm off to do that now so that when Brian gets home I can hang out with him!

5 comments:

Sara said...

You both look super cute. :D

Have fun in Vegas!!

sarah said...

Thanks so much for the info on Marc's band, I'm sure I could have looked it all up but I wrote it that night at about 4:00 am and it was all I could do to use proper grammar hahah. Hope you like Twangville and maybe I'll see you around at another show!

BT said...

Sis!!!

I must say you look marvelous, and I love Brian's haircut!

Have a super time in Vegas!

BT

Anonymous said...

Great picture! I love your hair- that is the longest I have seen it in awhile! I can't wait to hear about your Vegas trip. You'll either love or hate it... I'm not sure which! I love it and can't wait to go again!
Jen

spaceJASE said...

Indeed - the longer hair suits you!
I hope Brian related the story I told him yesterday. 'Taint clean enough to post online...
Have fun on your trip! REMEMBER, What scraps in Vegas STAYS in Vegas!