6.11.2006

happy 40th mom and dad! happy birthday mom!

Friday was my parents' 40th anniversary! It was also my mom's birthday, but I'm not going to tell you how old she is. She might not like that. Anyway, it was good for me to reflect on my parents and their marriage. While no marriage is ever perfect, they have shown each other love and respect and support through the years, even when times weren't so great. As a result, I feel like Brad and I have a great example to follow when it comes to marriage. I'm so thankful for Mom & Dad and I'm proud to be their daughter!

In other news, my scrapping drought is OVER! I actually scrapped a little tonight after spending this whole past week revamping, cleaning, purging, and organizing my scraproom. Of course, one of my main inspirations is SCRAPFEST! Yes, folks, it's time again for Scrapfest at Lifetime Moments. I LOVE Scrapfest! And this time, Denise is doing it too, so we can talk about it and scrap together. Anyone else want to join us? NY girls? Sera? Jenn? Meg? Come on, you know you want to!

I've also got a Scrapbook Retreat coming up in a little over a week. Get this: it's in Vegas! I've never been to Vegas! I've been to Reno....anyway, Denise and I are flying out and I think we're staying like 4 nights. It's gonna be a blast! Oh yeah, and a week from tomorrow, Brian and I are going to see Marc Broussard at the House of Blues here in Orlando. I can't wait!

We're finally supposed to get a little rain this week! I never thought I'd be so happy to see rain in the forecast! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the sun, but my flowers are really suffering! My hibiscus and my pentas are incredibly droopy! We REALLY need rain! I wouldn't even mind a thunderstorm or two. But no hurricanes, please.

2 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...

Oopsie.

Have a great time in Vegas, Kerri! Can't wait to hear your impression of the city! I want to go back there someday! :D