2.04.2006

keeping a positive outlook

Many of you have called or emailed us, and for that we are grateful. True friends always prove themselves in a crisis. We love you all and we appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers, and in some cases, job leads!

I am still pretty bitter towards EA. Brian is much better about not holding grudges than I am. He had a meeting on Friday with a job placement group that EA paid for - they help him perfect his resume and put him in touch with hiring companies. They haven't done much for us yet, though. But Brian and I have been hard at work!

He spent Thursday working on his resume and networking a bit. We both fielded several calls and emails from friends, family, and co-workers. Brian's friends at EA were as stunned as we were. Craig called to say that he knew a few people in Orlando and would pass on Brian's info. Jason & Alicia called to say that they could hardly sleep after they found out! (They weren't alone, believe me! I've been a total insomniac!) They are wonderful friends and we miss them so much! Brian's dad called and gave us the name of a friend who works here in Orlando. Everyone has been so supportive. Thank you!

We are trying to continue with "life as usual." Brian's job now is to FIND a job, and my job is to help. I've been organizing all the calls, emails, websites, etc. My favorite part of this week was when I was on Monster.com and noticed some jobs listed with EA. (I was LIVID, to say the least. EA SUCKS!!!!) I'm sure they're old posts, but still. Here, check it out for yourself.

A lot of you have asked what we are going to do. Well, we're going to try to find a good job here in Orlando. I know, you want us to move to Nashville, Ohio, back to Albany, etc. But we JUST MOVED and we want to find something here if we can. We miss you all, but we do like it here. There are lots of companies who appear to be hiring (judging from monster and careerbuilder.com). A headhunter called Brian less than an hour after he posted his resume on monster, and he wants to pitch Brian to several game companies. B doesn't know if he wants to stay in the game industry or not, because of the crazy work schedules and hours.

So, we have some leads and things are looking up. We are staying positive. Of course, my first thought was, "We never should have moved," and then, "We're going straight back to New York!" And we may still move back. But that is not our first plan.

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers, and if you know anyone looking for an experienced software engineer who is a C++ whiz, give us a call!!!!

PS - Pics of Julie and Rob still to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

I found this blog through spaceJase the day you guys posted the news. Yet another nail onto EA's crazyness.
I wish you the best, keep a positive attitude (which Brian always projected anyhow).

-leo from VV

Sara said...

I can't remember if I e-mailed you, but if I haven't yet, I'm totally sorry. I know how Brian and you are feeling.

I told Jim that I want him to boycott EA next year when Madden comes out. This was a really crappy thing to do to you. Brian just started working there for heaven's sake! :(

Yes, I'm selfish and want you to move back to Albany, but I totally understand why you don't want to move yet again. The two of you have moved a lot and I'm sure you just want to stay settled where you are. Hopefully you can find something in Orlando soon.

(((((Kerri & Brian)))))) and know that we're thinking of you and sending lots of "hire Brian now" vibes your way

Sera said...

I agree with Sara I would totally LOVE for you to come back to NY but I understand how much work there is in moving state to state. You are in my thoughts and thinking good thoughts for Brian to find a great new job!
Sera
P.S. I also mentioned boycotting EA to Jeff he actually seemed to consider it surprisingly, knowing how much he LOVES Madden. We will see.