2.14.2006

brian's fashion sense & book talk

I just have to say that my husband is a nut! He's been putting together some very interesting outfits since he's out of work. The other day, I noticed that he was wearing a polo shirt, pajama pants, and dress shoes. What in the world??!! Today, he's wearing his bathrobe and tennis shoes with no socks. I do not know where he gets these ideas!! :-P

A few of you have been suggesting other book series since Mitford and Southern Sisters have ended for me. Thanks for your input! While I'm sad that those have ended, I am still involved in several other series, and there are even more on my book list. I'll name a few:

The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. I've read all of them and am waiting on the next one to be published. I just checked, and Twelve Sharp will be released on June 20. Yay!

The Food Mysteries by Diane Mott Davidson. I don't think this is the actual title of the series, but they all have to do with food: Chopping Spree, Sticks & Scones, etc. I haven't read any of these yet, but they were recommended to me by my wonderful friend Jennifer a few years ago. They are on my list!

The Princess Diaries Series by Meg Cabot. So they're supposed to be for teens, but so what?! I've read most of them and they are hilarious.

The Traveling Pants Series by Ann Brashares. Also for teens, I've read them all and I love them. Great stories about friendship.

The Miss Julia Series by Ann B. Ross. I haven't read these yet, but they have been on my list for awhile. Thanks, Nancy, for reminding me!

The Bridget Jones Books by Helen Fielding. I've read them both and they are fabulous! Very funny. I hope she's going to write another.

The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella. These are wildly funny! I've read all four and they do not disappoint. You can't believe what Becky, the main character, gets herself into!

The Alex Cross Series by James Patterson. Full of mystery, action, and shocking plot twists, Brian and I cannot put these down! We've read them all but the latest one and it's reserved at the library for us.

The Women's Murder Club Series by James Patterson. Again, these are so exciting! I've read them all. The first one, 1st to Die, is my favorite.

The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling. These are awesome! Their popularity speaks for itself. Brian and I have read them all.

The Bailey Weggins Series by Kate White. Not the name of the series, but all of her books have the same main character, Bailey Weggins. They are mysteries with a touch of romance every now and then, and I have really enjoyed all four of these books.

The Rosato & Associates Series by Lisa Scottoline. This is not the name of the series. In fact, there is no name for the series that I can find. But a lot of her books deal with the lawyers (who are all women) at Rosato & Associates and these books are great. They are filled with mystery and suspense.

I just finished my newest favorite snack: a Starbucks Frappucino ice cream bar. They're low-fat and DELICIOUS! Mocha is my fave. :-)

Brian has been on the phone non-stop all day, and now he's taking YET ANOTHER programming test. We think he's working harder now than when he was actually working! LOL

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: