1.30.2006

a day of fun

Saturday, Brian and I went to Epcot for free! Yay! ESPN paid for everyone on his team at work to go, including their families. (He's working on a game for ESPN.) Anyway, we got there at around 1:00 or so and had a great day. The weather was awesome - a little overcast, but warm. We went straight to Mission: SPACE and rode that first. There was no wait at all! It was an amazing ride. There were so many G's that at one point I could feel my face being pressed back! Awesome!

Then we went and got a fastpass for Soarin' and headed off to the countries. (Test Track was closed!) We had lunch in France and it was delicious. Then we watched a film of the French countryside and it made us want to go there! We wandered around the countries for awhile, watching another film of China and riding a boat in Mexico. It was very enjoyable.

Finally, we headed back to Soarin' and it was fabulous! We got to see the coolest things, and when we flew over the pine trees we could smell the pine, and when we saw the orange groves we could smell the oranges! It was so cool! (I'm so glad we had gotten a fastpass, because there was an 80 minute wait!!)

We ate a quick dinner and set off to watch the fireworks and have dessert with the EA and ESPN people. They had a section of the park roped off and there were tables with drinks (coffee, hot chocolate & tea, and lemonade) and tons of fancy tables with amazing desserts! It was so cool! We had a front row seat for the fireworks and they were spectacular!

BUT - my very favorite part of the day was meeting up with two friends from my old work at Brentwood-Benson Music. Julie and Rob were in town for Children's Pastors' Conference and we met them at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney after the parks closed. We had appetizers and talked until nearly 1:00 am. It was SO WONDERFUL to see them again! I hadn't seen Rob since I quit in January of 2000, and I hadn't seen Julie since my wedding in October of 2000! What a wonderful day it turned out to be.

Yesterday, Brian and I watched the rest of Season 1 of 24. It was SO! GOOD! We love it. We also went to Home Depot last night and got a cabinet for my scrap room. I love it! It's looking good in here!

Today, I went to a new doctor because I needed a Primary Care Physician. (Remember I couldn't find anyone to see me when I was sick?! I don't want that to happen again!) I LOVED him - he was so nice and had a great manner. We talked a bit and he wants me to come back in a month for a physical (oh, joy) and bloodwork (wonderful.) I hate having those done but I want to keep healthy!

I'll post pictures of Epcot and Rob & Julie later.

No comments: