1.08.2006

barely among the living

Would you believe that I'm STILL sick?! Since I last wrote, I just kept getting WAAAYYYYYYYYY worse until one day at 5:00 am, Brian and I seriously contemplated going to the ER. We didn't, though, mainly because we knew that they'd probably say it was viral and they couldn't do anything. Although I was beginning to think I had pneumonia.

My head and chest are FULL of phlegm. Ick! I got some Mucinex and it's made my coughs a little more productive, though I sound like I've been a chain smoker for 40 years. Now my ears are clicking every time I swallow, but today is the first day I've felt like doing anything besides laying on the couch. Brian has had to invest in some ear plugs because of my coughing fits all night. And I'm drinking 8-10 cans of pop per day (Sprite & Ginger Ale) PLUS hot chocolate and hot tea, so I get up like 10 times in the night to go to the bathroom. My nose continually feels like I've just sniffed a bucket full of water. Ugh. I hope none of you get this! And I REALLY hope Brian doesn't get it!

Brian stopped by his office's library on Wednesday and brought me home a cool video game for the PS2--it's called Katamari, and you just roll this ball around and pick up stuff. It's really fun and no stress, so I've been playing it and it takes my mind off my misery a little. If you have a PS2, you should rent it. You'll be hooked!

Well, there's not much more to say since I've just been home all week. I feel like I've wasted an entire week of my life. And I'm STILL not up to going out. And you should see my HOUSE!! Not good. Not good at all. It will probably take me this whole week to get it cleaned up. And I feel like I need to Lysol everything. :-(

No comments: